15: Comfort

"Ugh." I slowly got up and instantly felt like shit, my head ached and my stomach hurt.

Benji passed my door and I called out to him. "Benji!" I stammered out, he walked in. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I, ah, go get your dad." I said, he nods and ran downstairs. I lay back down, bummed that I felt so sick.

I knew running in the rain yesterday wasn't a good idea. I should've get stayed home, why am I so dumb?

"Carrie, what's wrong sweety?" Hank asked, coming in my room. "I feel sick, really sick." I confess, putting my head against his chest.

He felt my forehead and sighed. "I think you have a fever." I groaned and he sqeeuzed my hand. "Owen's sick to so you'll have to stay with him."

You've got to be kidding me, it's bad enough I've got to stay home but now I have to be with Owen.

"I can go to school." I protest, he shook his head. "You'll just feel worse if you do, stay home okay?"

I huff but agree, I didn't want to get someone else sick or feel miserable all day.

"If you need anything then ask Owen, if he won't help then call me." I nod again and he kissed my forehead. "Ill see you later, hope you get better."

He exits my room and I grumble, looks like this is gonna be one hell of a day. And not the good kind.

After both Luke and Liam come into my room and wish me better and I finally get comfortable, the sound of the front door opening and closing shows that everybody, expect Owen, have left.

The house was silent, as if no one else but me was here, for a second I thought that maybe Owen snuck out. That wouldn't be out of his character.

That's fine with me, I would be perfectly fine with only my books to keep me company.

But the very distinct sound of the TV turning on echo through the house, and I knew he was here.

Most of the eight hours were fine until about noon, I felt something start coming up my throat. I was going to vomit.

I ran out of my room, shoving Owen out of the way on my way to the bathroom. "Hey, watch where your going!" He called out, I didn't even glance at him.

I made it to the bathroom just in time, falling on the ground and throwing my head in the toilet bowl. I did what I needed to do and, after, went so exhausted.

I felt a hand on my back and take my hair out of my face, it had to be Owen, but why would he do this?

He pulled me away from my hunched over state and placed my head on his shoulder. "Your freezing." He said, draping an arm around me.

That's when I felt my whole body start to shiver, I was in fact freezing. "I'm so cold." I said, getting closer to a warm Owen.

What? I know he's supposed to be like my enemy or whatever but he's really warm and I don't feel like dying of coldness also known as hypothermia.

Without a word, Owen picked me up and left the bathroom, passing my bedroom.

I wondered where he was taking me, possibly he's taking his chance to kill me in this weak state.

He opened the basement door and I knew where I was going, in his room. "It's pretty warm down here." He said, putting me on his bed.

I was still shaking as he joined me and covered me in his blankets, half of me was greatful while the other have was suspicious.