56. Just Like Your Mother...

~ TRIGGER WARNING - violence, sexual abuse & suicide. Probably the darkest chapter of the book ~

I hung up the phone.

I'm doing die, aren't I?

Judging by the look on my fathers face, I was done for.

At least I got to here some of my brothers voices again. I got to hear Owen and Eric- I was able to give Elliott a chance.

I might never know if it worked or not but I hope. I truly hope so.

And Benji...his sadness broke me.

I wished so badly to come home in that moment. I wanted to hold him in my arms. I want to be held by Hank or Eric or Owen or all of them.

I want to be home.

This wasn't my home.

My father wasn't my home. He never was- not after he touched me.

My father started walking over to the phone booth, I decided I'd meet him there and just be honest. That was the only good idea I had.

I was going to get hurt either way.

I stepped out and swallowed hard and didn't meet his eyes.

"I-"

"Don't speak. Don't look at me." His words went like they sliced my skin.

I do as he said. I shut my mouth and kept my eyes on his shoes.

"Go into the hotel room. Now."

I stepped around him and walked towards the door, I heard his footsteps right behind me. I went inside of the already open hotel door.

I looked to the bathroom door; it was kicked open, the lock was quite literally on its hinges. I saw that the mirror was smash in the middle, blood trickling down to the sink.

I managed to catch a quick peak at my fathers hand, they were bloody and cut up.

The whole room was destroyed; the bed was turned over and everything on tables were thrown off.

Jesus. I was gone for only 5ish minutes. And he's gone insane.

I'm not safe- not that I ever was.

"Sit down." A sudden hand on my shoulder made me flinch, I looked look up at by father, I was met with a hand to the face. It was hard and extremely quick. I fell backwards onto the bed and covered my face.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO LOOK AT ME!" He shouted.

"I'm sorry!" I whimpered. He grabbed my chin tightly, I made sure not to look at him as he snarled. "I SAID NOT TO SPEAK! Do not disobey me again."

I nodded and he let me go.

"We're leaving- God knows who you fucking called. Probably that boy- to warn him. Either way they can track the number. Get your ass in my car right. The. Fuck. Now."

He pushed me to the back door and kicked me out, I headed for his car and got inside. I was shaking- like a damn cold puppy- the whole time.