10: True Intentions

I skipped down the Alder High hall, feeling myself today.

Since I have such limited clothes, Charlotte gave me all her clothes she doesn't wear.

She gladly gave them to me, saying. "You'll totally get Brent attention with them."

Today I was wearing a red crop top and back skinny jeans, I thought I looked pretty good, maybe good enough to impress Brent.

"Hey, Carrie." Someone said, when I got to my locker. "Hi, Brent." I said, he looked me over.

"You look, different." I tilted my head, wondering if that was a good thing. "Good different or bad different?" I ask, he smirked.

"I like it." He stated, my cheeks went pink. "I'm glad." I said, grabbing my History book and walking off.

I was still in a good mood as I walked into History, on time of course, and sat in my seat.

And, like usual now, Elliott didn't come to class until about ten minutes in of said class.

"Again?! This is your second tardy this week and it's Tuesday!" Elliott shrugs and walks to his seat, unbothered.

"Why are you always late?" I asked quietly after Mr. Finngin turned his back. "Half because I'm lazy and half because I don't care."

I shook my head and chuckled to myself, turning back to the board and focusing back on his words.

Me and Elliott were kinda friends but I've been keeping my distance ever since Charlotte told me she liked him, I didn't want her to think I was trying to steal him.

"You look hot today, by the way." I looked him and he winked, I cleared my throat. "Thanks." I said.

I didn't want to be rude but at the same time I wasn't leading him on by saying that, right? I'm probably just overthinking things.

"Anytime, sweets." He said, licking his lips. Oh God, I'll have to tell Charlotte about this so she won't think I'm a two-faced bitch.

I didn't say anything after that, just went back to the teacher and took some notes, although they aren't the best.

After the bell rang I ran out of the classroom, not wanting to have yet another flirty conversation with Elliott.

The next couple of classes were uneventful until I walked into my chemistry.

I was still partners with Owen which doesn't make him very happy, I sat down in my seat and smiled at him. I must stay nice to him!

He scowled and looked away, I queitly sigh, why do I bother?

Today was a simple lab, that involves communication which wasn't our strong suit.

Well it wasn't his strong suit with me, he ignores me whenever we're in the same room.

It's better then before I guess, he's not calling me a house wrecker anymore, no he's just not saying anything in front of me but talking behind my back.

"Owen come on, I can't do this on my own." I say, trying to make him face me. "Too bad, you should've picked another person to partner with."

I must certainly didn't partner with him voluntarily, I would've been alone if it came down to that.

"You really think I want to be your partner?" I mumble, he huffed and said. "Whatever." He snatched the tube from my hand and helped me out.

"Thanks." I said, thinking maybe we got somewhere. "I only did it so I don't get a bad grade, don't think we're friends or anything." And the progress is gone.