36. Brother Battle

It was Monday again.

No joke the worst day of the whole week.

Especially now. With having to face with the outcome yesterday's events.

I carefully come downstairs, it was super early, I was hoping to get a peaceful breakfast alone- maybe with Eric- before Owen, Hank, or Liam come down.

"Morning!" I'm met with after coming to the bottom of the stairs. It was Eric- thankfully. He was flipping pancakes in Hanks Number 1 Dad apron.

"The apron suits you." I said as I entered the dining area. I place my backpack on the seat I want to use and walk over to him.

"Thanks. I really do want to be a father soon. I mean like by ten years soon- not like now." He would make an amazing father- he's like Hank in that way.

"You'll be the first to give Hank grandkids- I'm sure of it." His eyes go wide. "I'd hope so- can't be Owen, Liam or Luke, definitely not Xander. Benji's a big no- he's seven. Oh God, out of all seven of his kids- I'll probably be the only one to give him grandkids."

I waved him off. "Nah Benji will most certainly be a dad- just not for twenty more years. And what about me?" He shrugged. "Do you want kids, Carrie?"

"Not in the distant future but someday." I can't even fathom a child right now- let alone how in the world Hank has seven of us.

"Want some freshly made pancakes?" I got a plate and let him fill it with deliciousness. I'd definitely like some.

"You talk to Owen yet?" Eric asked me out of the blue as I begun to eat.

"Not yet. He left me a note though- last night." I admitted. Eric can know, I can trust him with a lot of things. "What'd it say?" He was curious, I would be too.

"Just that he's sorry and that he loves me." Oh I can't help it, I smiled slightly at that. "He really is sorry, I could tell on his face yesterday. He's just got anger issues- hey what'd made him so angry anyway?"

I swallowed hard. "W-what do you mean?" I fake stupidity. He sighed. "Yesterday- you said something right before he hit you- What was it?" Oh jeez.

"Well I told him about seeing my dad a few days ago- he didn't let me finish and explain everything. So he thinks I want to go back to him. I don't obviously. And he was mad- I don't know."

I couldn't reveal the real reason. That the word "Gay" had struck such a nerve with him. Owen should be the one to tell Eric- to tell whoever he wants- I'm not coming out for him.

And that's all if it's true. Which I'm starting to think it is.

"Oh well- just tell him. He'll understand then. It'll all work out." If only I was as optimistic as Eric. Life would be a lot better.

"Yep." Is all I said in return.

"Carrie!" Another voice entered the room, it was Benji. He sprits toward me and jumps into my lap. I laughed.

"Good to see you too." Eric brings a big plate of pancakes and Benji digs in. Through bites, he begins to talk about what happened after I stormed off to my room.

"You shoulda seen Carrie! Liam clocked Owen in the face! Owen took it like a champ! Then he fought back and they fought! It was scary! Eric and Hank broke them up. Xander took a video, you wanna see? HEY XANDER, SHOW CARRIE THE VIDEO!" He shouted the last part so loud- no doubt the whole house woke up.

"No Benj- I don't wanna see it." Benji frowned but nodded. "NEVERMIND XANDER- DO NOT SHOW HER!" Eric tried desperately to hold in a laugh but it comes out anyway.