16: Brent's Cookies

"You sure you don't want me to stay home again, I can pretend to be sick." Owen asked on his way out the door, I shook my head. "Go to school." I say.

He sighs. "Okay, have fun being home alone." I wave him off as he joins Luke and Liam at his Jeep. "Bye, Carrie!" The twins say at the same time. "Bye boys."

It was now Wednesday and I'm still forced to me at home, Owen got better yesterday and it's his first day back but I'm stuck here. And no ones getting home for a while because they're busy.

Only today's gonna be worse because I'll be all alone, just me and myself and maybe some Benadryl.

I huff and get ready for a very long day which consisted of watching TV, doing some of my sick work and taking too much cold medicine.

Sounds like a blast right? No.

The sound of the front door being knocked on made me groan, I was so comfortable on the couch, watching a romantic movie but now I have to get up.

I decided against opening the door, if it was important someone would've called.

"Carrie it's me, Brent, can you open the door!" The person outside said, oh my god it's Brent!

I shoot up from my comfy spot and sprint to the door, if I had the chance to talk to Brent alone, I would take it.

"Hey!" I said overly happy when I ripped the door open, he smiled at me. "Hey, can come in?" I nod and welcome him inside.

I thank God for being so amazing for bringing him here. "What's up?" I ask, he extends his hands out, revealing me a plate of cookies.

Just as I think Brent couldn't be more of a perfect human being, he brings me cookies! God, he gets better every single day.

"You brought cookies?" I question, grabbing the plate. They smelled so good.

"Lot's of girls at our school don't really eat sweets due to dieting, I didn't know if you were the same." I laughed, the last thing I'd he caught dead doing was a diet.

Not to toot my own horn but my metabolism is about as fast as Liam when he's running, that's fast so I didn't need to worry about those things.

"Oh no, I love eating junk food. Thank you for them." He nodded, walking into the living and sitting. Oh my gosh, he's staying!

I take the saran wrap off and take a bit of one of the cookies, I sighed. "They taste great!" I said, finishing one off. "I made them myself." I was impressed.

"Oh so your the star linebacker and a baker, good to know." He smiled at me, taking one of the cookies. "When I'm was sick, my grandma makes me these cookies and I instantly feel better."

Honestly, I was touched that he'd make these for me since it seemed like a family thing.

"And, if I'm being truthful, my Nana did help me make them." I laughed. "Well, I'm not surprised." He raised an eyebrow.

"That hurts a little." I look away and blush. "I just mean they taste like love." He smirks. "They do, huh?" He asked, head tilted. "Yeah."

"You well enough to go to the party Saturday?" He asked and I frowned. Where teenage parties are, alcohol always follows.

"I can't, alcohol freaks me out." I confess, he nods. "I don't drunk either." Not to be stereotypical or anything but don't all jocks drink.

"Don't look so surprised, Owen doesn't really drink all to much too, I don't let him." I agreed heavily with what he was saying but was curious as to why he doesn't drink.

"Why don't you like drinking?" I ask, he bit his lip. "My grandma used to be an alcoholic, she said one sip and she was hooked, I don't want to end up like that."

Wow, that's sad. I hesitated before, covering his hand with mine. "You seem close to her, your Nana I mean." He gave me a bright expression.

"I am, I love her a lot." He said, taking my hand in his and sqeeuzing. "Hey, I promise that I'll make sure no drink that has alcohol comes near you if you come." He said, I was conflict on what my answer would me.

"I'll think about it." I ended up saying, he nodded. "I hope to see there." The front door bursted open and the boys entered the house.

I flew myself from the five feet I was away from Brent so now I was on the other side of the couch, he chuckled at my action.

"Hey Carrie how was," Owen started as walking in the room, he stopped when he was Brent. "Oh, I see." He smirked.

"What were you two doing all alone?" Brent cleared his throat and I blushed and looked liked a apple. "Nothing, I came here to check on her." He glanced at the cookies.

"And you brought her Nana's cookie, you've never done that for me!" He said, faking hurt. "Oh relax girly, you can have one if Carrie says yes."

Owen looks at me expectantly and I shrug. "Go ahead, knock yourself out." Brent turns to me. "I should go, it was nice to hang out with you."

"Yes, likewise." I said, he patted my shoulder. "I'll see you at school tomorrow?" He said as a question, I felt so much better.

Damn, what the heck is Brent's Nana putting in his cookies! She's magical, I hope to learn her secret some day.

"Yes, you'll see me." He started leaving but paused, craning his neck so he could face me again. "Bye, Carrie." I grin. "Bye, Brent." I said as he leaves.

"Bye, Brent." Owen imitates me, saying it in a girly tone. I shove him and grab the plate of cookies, he's already had half of them.

"I didn't say you could have them all!" I said, putting one in my mouth. "Well I didn't say you could flirt with my best friend!" I blew out a breath, he got me there.

"I was not flirting." I said flatly, he rolled his eyes. "Sure you weren't." I sigh, not wanting to fight just as all the boys come in.

"Was it my imagination or did Brent just leave this house?" Liam ask, not bothering to ask when he grabbed a cookie. "He came over to check on me." I said, a dopey smile on my lips.

"Is he your boyfriend now?" Benji asked, sneaking but not really sneaking a cookie. "No of course not!" I said, cheeks going wild.

"You wish though." Luke said and, again, another Anderson taking a cookie without permission.

"I do not, you guys are ready to much into it!" I exclaimed, I looked back at the plate and groaned. "Hey, you guys ate all the cookies!" They all laughed.

"Not funny, Brent made the for me." For me, he made them for me. He did something sweet for me, maybe Delilah was right, maybe I have a chance with him.