3: Fist Night

It was seven o'clock now and I was in my new room reading, I had to get ready to go to my new school tomorrow and I was nervous to say the least.

I was reading Romeo and Juliet, the book my English class was reading. It was pretty sad to be honest, I liked it though.

A knock at my open door made me look up, Liam was leaning against my door frame. "You wanna watch a movie with us?" I bit my lip and he knew what I was thinking.

"Owen's still sulking in the basement so he won't be joining us." I look at my book then back at Liam, why the hell not? It might be fun to bond with them more.

I put my bookmark on page 263 and place it on my nightstand, I followed him to his room where all the boys excluding Owen were.

"Yah, Carrie!" Benji said, grabbing my hand and pulling me on a bed. I looked around the room.

Liam and Luke shared a room and the said room was cool, they had neon lights and a TV in it.

"What're we watching?" I ask as Liam threw the remote at Luke's face. It hit with a slap and Luke mumbled a curse as he went through Netflix, what ever that is.

"What's Netflix?" I asked, squinting my eyes and staring at the red word. All the boys mouths opened wide. "What?" I said, looking at myself. Was there something on my face?

"Netflix is only the best site for movies and TV shows." Liam said, snatching the remote from Luke and giving it to me. "You should pick." I bit back a smirk as I teased.

"What's a movie?" They all looked horrified and I started rolling on the floor laughing. "Oh, you should've seen your guys faces!" I said, slapping the floor. I was laughing so much my tummy hurt.

"Damn, you scared me for a minute." Luck said, Benji snapped his head in his direction and walked up to him. "Language!" Luke rolled his eyes, not caring in the slightest.

I wiped some laughing tears out of my eyes as I handed the remote to one of the guys, I think Xander.

"What's going on in here?" Hank said, standing just out of the room. "Nothing, dad. Just having a little bit of fun." Luke said, Hank came into the room and picked up Benji.

"Come on little guy, it's bedtime for you." Benji groaned but gave it pretty quickly, patted my head as he was rushed off by Hank.

"Make sure to go to bed at a decent time all of you, especially you Carrie it's your first day tomorrow and you should be refreshed." I gave him a thumbs up. "Will do!" I said as he left.

"A sports movie?" Xander asked, pumping his feet up and down into the air.

"I don't think Carrie's into sports." Liam pointed out, I shrugged. "I don't mind." I say, anything would be good really. "Okay, Forest Gump it is!" Xander said, clicking on that movie.

~ 2 hours and 22 minutes later ~

Best movie I've ever seen! I was still wiping tears away as the credits rolled. "Okay, Xander. You know what time it is." Hank said, coming into the room again.

Xander got off of one of the twins bed and huffed. "Night, everyone." He said, leaving the room and walking to his own.

"Remember, Carrie. Decent time." Hank reminded me, I nodded. "Yes, I know." He left and I stared at the remaining boys, Luke and Liam.

"I better go, it's getting late." I say, standing up. "Pfft, hardly." Liam said, pulling me back on his bed.

"You can stay a little longer, that wouldn't hurt right?" I supposed it wouldn't. "Yeah, I guess." I say, settling back on his bed. "Great!" Luke said, starting up another movie.

"Carrie, Carrie!" I was jolted awake and looked around to see it dark. "What time is it?" I asked to the still unknown figure. "Eleven-thirty." He said, I groaned.

I still have to get ready for the night, I got up and realized I was still in Liam's and Luke's room. "I'm going to bed." I say, to the figure. "Okay, night." He said, pulling me in a hug.

It left nice to hug someone, I pressed my head against him and realized it had to be one of the twins due to there muscles. "Night." I said, as I left the room and stumbled to the hallway bathroom.

I turned the light on and it blinded me for a minute, I eventually found my toothbrush and started brushing them. I finished and then closed the door then going my lady business.

I made it back to my room and hoped in my new bed, I was so tired that I thought that I'd fall asleep easily but I didn't.

I just laid there for a while, waiting to drift off but it just wasn't happening. Maybe some milk will help, I thought.

I slowly creeped out of my room and tip-toed downstairs and almost made it to the kitchen but stopped when I heard voices.

"They all love her!" I turned stone cold when I realized it was Owen and he was talking about me, I peered into the kitchen to see him over the phone.

"No, that's not great!" He said, huffing all over the place. "She's just so, there, and she's all my dad talks about." Is he jealous?

"I know, I know but I just don't feel like being nice to her." He confessed, no really?!

I wondered who he was talking to, maybe his girlfriend or best friend? I didn't know and I probably wasn't going to find out.

He said a couple other things and with every comment, I was less and less careful about my ease dropping.

We eventually locked eyes and I swooped back, shit! "I'll call you back." he said, hanging up.

I tried to run but I couldn't, my legs wouldn't move. "What is the matter with you?!" He said, gripping my arm.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to," I tried to explain myself but he interrupted me, ", I don't give a shit!" He said getting in close.

"Read my lips, I don't want to be near you, I don't want to be friendly with you and your certainly not my sister." He said, he let me go and walked away.

I slid down the wall and cradled my body, I started crying. It was clear, I could see it in his eyes that he hated me. He never even gave me a chance to win him over like the others.

Without the milk that I'd originally came down there for, I started falling asleep.

I didn't have the energy to move so I laid my body on the polished cool floor and closed my eyes, one tear falling as I did so.