55. OWEN II (Part Two)

~ TRIGGER WARNING - violence ~

When my ass finally got to Elliott's, it was already getting dark.

Just fucking great.

I hung up with my dad a little bit ago, he said he was going to finish up at his firm and come back home as soon as possible.

No doubt I'd be there for only a few minutes- I mean I'm only going to warn him about Mr. Crazy Mcfucker Pants.

I'm leaving as soon as I'm done before I pounce on him...not in a sexual way! I-in a manly way!

My face heats and I verbally smack myself for it. I'm such a fucking weirdo.

As I pass the other houses in his neighborhood, I can't help but Aw at them.

They're huge and probably expensive as fuck. There has to be doctors and politicians and other people of a bunch of money living here.

And, judging by the Reeds, they're probably asshats too.

From Elliott himself, to his shithead abusive father, to his manic as fuck mother. All I can think is- poor Koda. His adorable German shepherd.

I wish all to hell that dad would cave and get us a dog. Sadly it doesn't seem like that'll happen any time soon.

Elliott's home come into view; first thing I notice is that there's no cars in the driveway. Maybe there's no one home, maybe I don't even need to go.

Still, probably for Carrie & because I have a bad feeling about well- all of this, I continued into the driveway and parked.

Groaning a little, I got out of the car and started to the front door.

It felt like the longest walk of my life, but I managed to get to the door. I knocked one, twice, three times before hearing someone.

"Coming!" his voice- Elliott's voice called. Seconds later, the door opened to a thankfully clothed Elliott was in front of me.

His eyes widened but he smiled- actually fucking smiled- at me.

"Owen? Hey!" He sounded surprised; I didn't blame him. I was surprised that I'm even here...that I even care enough to be here.

I don't give two fucks about Elliott but I do give a lot of fucks for Carrie so, for now, I'm gonna roll with it. I'm not going to explore the other options.

I hadn't realized I was staring- like an idiot. A God damn idiot.

He cleared his throat. "So what are you doing here? I doubt you came by just to hang out." I scoffed and shook my head.

"I'd rather stab myself in the eye then spend my free time with you, Elliott."

He laughed nervously. "Yeah so uh...what's up?"

I crossed my arms. "Carrie called."

He smiled widely. "Is she back?" I shook my head and he frowned. "Is she coming back?"

"She will. We just got to find her first." He narrowed his eyes. "She didn't say where she was?" I sighed; now's the best time to bring it up.

"No actually, Carrie was too busy talking about something else."

"What?" He asked.

"Someone else actually." I said.

"Who?" He asked...again.

"You." I stepped closer, putting my pointed finger on his chest.

He narrowed his eyes. "Me...?"

I nodded slowly.