44. Shot Through The Gut And Your To Blame

~ WARNING! This chapter contains violence & self-harm ~

We ended up not finishing the project sadly but it was 8:30PM and I really needed to get home. I didn't like the thought of spending more time with Elliott but I can't do anything about it.

"So," he starts as we make our way out of the pizzeria. "When should we meet up to finish the project?" I think about it, I'm sure Mr. Finnegan will give us some time in class to perfect it and I really don't feel like spending another one of my weekends with him.

"At school, we can work on it individually too." He rubs the back of the neck. "What if I need your opinion on something and it's a weekend or at night."

Should've braced myself for that question, I had no clue. Well that's a lie- I had a clue- a big one. I didn't want to entertain the idea of unblocking Elliott and letting him text me or call me.

"I don't know, use critical thinking and ask me when we get to 1st period." After getting a- admittedly fair funny look- I groan loudly and realize I value a good grade on this project.

"I'll unblock you. But don't call me ever, just text. And don't text me unless it's the most necessary problem in the world. Oh and I will be blocking you again once this is over."

He puts his hands up. "Point taken." We both grow quiet. "Don't suppose you want a ride?" Even though he said it as a joke, I gave him a bad look. "I will never go into a car with you." He shrugs. "I thought I'd ask, someone coming to get you?"

"Brent." I said, sliding my phone out. I expected him to leave after that but he said. "It's pretty dark out, want me to wait with you?" Now that makes me laugh.

"Like I'd feel safe you, I'll be fine. I'm a big girl." He nods. "Well I'll be going. Later." He heads off to his car. "Yeah." I mumble.

I'm not aware of my surroundings as I go to make my call. That is until I hear my name, it was a voice I've never heard before.

I look up to see the man. The man that's been showing up everywhere I least expect it. It was the bald man in the Honda- expect he wasn't in his Honda anymore.

He was coming towards me.

He was tall and bulky. His expression looked like he was on a mission.

I couldn't move. Couldn't press call on anyone's contact. Hell I couldn't breath.

Just when the man was a few feet's distance did he speak again. "Hey doll, don't be scared. I'm with your father."

My....father.....

"W-what?" Is all I could stutter out.

"I'll explain everything but you have to get my car first."

Even in my state, I knew that was the last place I wanted to be. I take a cautious step back. The man lifted one of his hands up.

"Now doll, I don't want to hurt you but there's no way I'm letting you go now. Let's make this easy on both of us and come with me."

The shopping area wasn't busy now, no one was around to call for help. No one expect Elliott, his car wasn't started and he was still in the lot.