18: I'm Fine

I had finally fallen asleep about an hour after getting back to the party but that was short lived however by the lights being turned on.

"Owen?" I asked, staring at him. He had cuts all over his face, a bloody nose and was bruised badly. "Carrie!" He ran to me, holding me tightly.

"Your so hurt, like me help." He looked down at himself and shrugged. "You should see that bastard." He gritted his teeth, reminding me of Elliott.

"Did you kill him?" Stupid question, I know but he looked pretty bad so I could only imagine Elliott's condition. Not that I was worried, fuck him for hurting me.

"Of course not but me and Brent beat him senseless." Brent, oh my God, is he okay?!

"Is he okay?! Brent I mean!" He smiled a little. "Yeah, injured but okay." I sighed, I'm so glad. He saved me, another reason to like him.

"Did Brent tell you everything." I ask, Owen had a first-aid kit in his room and I went to fetch it. I wanted to make Owen okay, he did avenged me after all.

"Everything he knew." He said as I walked back to him, I opened the kit and started wiping the patches of blood on his face.

"How much did the party people see?" He took my free hand in his, he held for a second. "We took Elliott out of the party so no one knew the whole story."

I was greatful, I didn't want the school students to find out of my assault, that was made me a freak, not like I'm not already one.

"Did Elliott remind you of your dad?" Owen asked, I put a band-aid on his chin and kissed it. "A lot." I confessed, I can do that with Owen now.

Tell him things, things I don't even think Hank knows, that's how much I trust him.

"Brent didn't mention anything we did before Elliott attacked me, did he?" I know it's a dramatic subject change and probably unwarranted but I still wanted to know.

"You and Brent did something?" He asked, all anger and sadness out of his voice, it was replaced with curiosity.

"We were going to, not sex or that stuff, just kiss but then shit went down." He smiled a little then frowned.

"Elliott really fuck up, I mean it's still what are the unforgivable to do it any day but right before you and Brent got together!" I laughed and sat next to him.

"What're we going to do? What will I do when I see him again?" I asked, laying on his bed. "If he talks to you or hurts you again, I'll hurt him."

He tucks a lose strand of hair behind my ear and lays next to me. "Can I sleep in here tonight?" He nods and turns the night off.

"You can sleep in here however long you want." He said, getting settled on the bed. "I don't want to impose." I said, getting closer to him.

"Your my sister, you can't do that to me." I've heard that word, sister, come from most of they're mouths but I still get warmed up when I hear that.

"Just tonight for now." He cradled my head and softly brushed my hair with his fingers. "Okay." He said.

I pressed my body against his, hoping that me knowing he's there would keep me from being scared.

"Goodnight, Owen." I said, he was already asleep though, all that fighting must've make him tired.

I closed my eyes but all I could see was Elliott on top of me and what happened afterwards.

It was killing me inside, not even Owen's warmness could make me feel better.

*~*~*~*~*