8: Little League (short)

The overwhelming smell of popcorn my nose as Hank pulled into the lot of the little league complex.

"You ready, son?" Hank asked Benji, he responded with a fist in the air. "Heck yeah!" He exclaimed, looking at me.

"You excited to see me play and win?" I nodded. "Totally." He grabbed his baseball bag filled with his equipment and jumped out of my back and ran to the rest of the members of his team.

"Come on, we must find good seats." Hank said, I followed him out of the car.

It wasn't too busy which lifted a big weight off my shoulders, I'm not good with big crowds.

We walked to the sitting area and found a comfortable place in the front row. "Is Benji like good or, good?" I ask, the ladder good I said slowly.

"He's good." He repeated the word the slow speeched, showing that Benji was remarkable.

"Can I be honest?" I asked, he nodded. "I have no idea how baseball or really any sport does." He laughed. "It's okay, if you have any questions just ask."

Hey, I'm just not a sporty girl! I only came to support Benji, something I'll do again if he wants me too.

It took about fifteen minutes but the game eventually started, it wasn't as boring as I thought. I may even admit that I was fun, may.

"Hey, I'm going to get someone to eat? Want anything?" He asked, after the second inning. "Maybe a water but nothing to eat." He nodded and walked off.

Benji scored a point a few seconds later and I stood up and screamed his. "Carrie?" I voice said, I looked on my left and nearly fainted. "Brent, hey!" I said, sitting back down.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, sitting next to me. "Supporting Benji, of course." He smiled.

"What about you? You just casually dropped by a little league game?" He laughed. "No, my brother is also a baseball player." What a coincidence or could it be fate?!

"Cool, which one?" He pointed to jersey number three who, like Benji, was racking up points for their team. "He's pretty good too." He raised an eyebrow.

"Pretty good? He's the best on the team, I should know I've been to all the games." I crossed my arms.

"You are biased, he's your brother." I say and I admit, I walked into that one.

"And who would you say is the best?" I flushed and looked away. "Exactly." I sighed. "Touche." I said.

He started looking me up and down and instantly felt awkward, I mean having a hot guy check me out was exciting but new to me.

"You look pretty, trying to impress someone?" He asked, I smirked. "You caught me, I'm trying to impress all the little league moms." He snorted then covered his mouth.

I got into a giggle fit just as Hank came back. "Hey, Brent." He said, sitting on my other side.

"Hey, Mr. Anderson." He said, his cheeks finally going back to a normal color. "I see you've met Carrie." He said, rubbing my back.

"I already met her, just stopped to say hi. I better get back to my mom, see ya Monday." He stood and left, I waved at him as we left.

"You like him, don't you?" Hank said, taking a bite out of his hotdog and giving me my water.

"No, why would you think that?!" I exclaimed, chugging some of the water down.

"Well you were giggling, for one." I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "That doesn't mean anything." I say, he swallowed.

"And your cheeks were reder then a tomato." I pursed my lips and bit my lip. "Yeah, so what?" He sighed deeply.

"I'm a father, yes to boys but still a father no less and I can tell when someone has a crush." I smiled, he was good.

"Your father senses are tingling?" I ask, he nodded and looked so serious it was funny.

"He's nice enough and good looking but," Hank finishes my sentence, ", but Owen." I shrug. "Yeah, him."

The mood was a little tampered by the mention of him. "He'll come around, he's stubborn when he doesn't get this way." Hank said, I put my head on his shoulder. "I hope so."

Benji's team won by a landside, 30-13, and I was so proud. "Hey!" Benji said, picking him up in a hug. "You did so good!" I said, kissing his cheek.

"Thanks, sis!" I put him down and wiped the sweat dripping down his face. "I won does that mean I get ice cream?" He asked Hank and he nodded.

"Yah, ice cream!" He said, running to the car. "It's a tradition, everytime he wins, I get him ice cream." No wonder Benji tries so hard to win.

We walk to the car, slower then how Benji did and get in. "Ice cream, ice cream, ice cream!" Benji chanted, I shook my head at his cuteness.

We stopped at a local ice cream parlor and I declined Hanks offer to get me some, I don't like ice and I didn't want him to pay for that.

Benji did get some, chocolate to be exact. I wasn't too surprised, he seemed like a chocolate fan. Hank got strawberry and I ate air, just the way I like it.

(Sorry for the short chapter, I couldn't think of anything else for it so sorry again, next one will be longer.)