5: Adler Highschool

"You have to get out of the car to get inside the school." Liam said, peering his head through the nearest window.

I swallowed hard and unbuckled my seatbelt, hoping everything would be all okay and that I was overthinking things.

"You look pale." He said, studying me. I plastered a fake smile and nodded. "Fine, I'm fine. You go ahead, I just need a minute." He looked conflicted but, eventually, left me.

I bent down and clutched my aching stomach, I felt sick suddenly. "You okay, hun?" A southern voice said behind me, I whirled around to see a very southern looking girl.

Red hair, freckles, green eyes and a wide friendly smile. She was very pretty and nice, but also seemed like the popular type.

"Yeah, just a little anxious that's all." I confessed, keeping a hand around my stomach. "Oh, your the new girl right? The one living with the Anderson boys?" I nodded, great people already know.

"Don't worry, everyone gets jitters on your first day but you'll feel better once you make some friends. I'll be your first if you'd like." I don't even know this girls name and she's already wanting to be my friend.

"I think I should know your name first, you know, before deciding on the friendship proposal or not." She giggled.

"Of course, silly me, I'm Charlotte Heart." She stuck her said out and I shook it. "Carrie Hudson." She linked our arms together. "Nice to ya Carrie."

She basically dragged me to the front of the school, I looked at the big bold letter above the entrance doors. Adler High School.

"Do you know where your locker is?" Charlotte asked, I took out the pice of paper with my locker number and combo and gave it to her.

"Your lucky, you get a locker next to Brent." After saying his name, she made a big show of fanning herself.

Brent? Okay, I'm assuming by her reaction this Brent guy is hot. Hm, I guess I'll have to see for myself if she's got good eyes for guys.

"Brent Woods is about as popular as they get, and he's good friends with Owen." I cringe, if he's anything like Owen I won't be having a good time with this guy.

"Oh wipe that look off your face, he's as sweet as they come. At least to me." Maybe that's because he has feelings for her, she must have seen what my speculation was because she cleared the air.

"He doesn't like me, I've tried but he's sweet." She rushes me to locker #263, my locker and I tried he combo. It takes a while but I finally get it.

"I'm off to my locker but I'll see you later. It was a pleasure meeting you!" I waved her off as she left, southerns are so nice. I hope she rubs off on Owen.

I try to yank my locker open but it didn't budge, I tried and tried and sighed. Damnit, my dad was decent up  until now.

Someone slamming there fist into my locker jolted me up, I was shocked when the person said. "Sometimes you gotta use some force." A deep, southern voice said.

I looked up to see the most hottest guy that has ever graced my eyeballs. He had brown hair, gray eyes and was so tall and most certainly had a six-pack underneath his shirt.

I looked away, feeling my cheeks heat up. Come on Carrie, day something, anything!

"Thanks." I stammered out, he smiled and it gave me shivers all over my body. "Of course, I'm Brent Woods by the way."

Charlotte was right, she had amazing sense in guys. I cleared my lumpy throat and said. "I'm Carrie." He leaned against the locker next to mine.

"I know, Owen won't shut up about you." I looked down at my shoes, all of things he probably told him were bad, I hope Brent doesn't think I'm a bad person.