19: Standing My Ground

I didn't want to be here, I didn't want to be in Owens car, on the pathway to Adler Highschool.

Owen is worried about me, he'd said that I could fake being sick but I have to stand my ground.

I won't let Elliott think he won even though, deep down, I think he did. I'm hurt, I really am.

Liam and Luke jumped out of the car as soon as we got to the school, Owen lingered with me.

"You could skip, I could say your sick and bring you your homework, you don't have to do this." I shook my head, opening the car door.

"I have to go in." I said, he took my hand. "Promise me you'll come to me if he hurts you." I nod, I don't think I'll do that though.

It might start another fight and, if that gets back to the teachers, I'll have to tell anyone what happened.

"I will." I lied, he seemed to believe me and we left the car. We parted ways and I went to my locker, seeing Brent waiting for me.

"Hey." I said, he engolfed me in a hug and held me for a minute. "You okay?" It was nice to have contact with him.

"Wait, does me touching you make you feel uncomfortable?" He asked, pulling away from me. "No your fine, I'm safe around you, I know that."

He gave me a small smile. "I'm glad." He said, I opened my locker and realized something.

I have English soon, I'll have to see Elliott. I started freaking out and Brent noticed.

"What it is?" He asked, frowning. "I'll have to see him, sit next to him for fifty minutes." He cleached his fists. "I won't let anything happen." He stated.

"How? Your not in that class?" He was stumped, the wheels were turning in his mind. "I don't know but he won't do anything."

I gave him a fake smile, just keep it positive. "I'm going to class now." I say, he stepped beside me as I walked away.

We walked in silence and then said something, something I didn't expect. "About us." I started, he looked at me. "Us?" He repeated.

I stopped him, taking one of his hands and holding it tightly. "I like you a lot." He smiled. "I do too."

I want to be with him but, currently, am not in the relationship mood so I have to tell him this.

"But I'm not ready for a relationship right now." He smiled and nodded but I could see disappointment in his eyes.

I slid my fingers in his hair and pulled him down to me, he was so tall so I had to go on my tip toes.

I closed my eyes as our lips locked together, I wanted just one kiss before I put him in the friend zone.

He pulled away first. "Don't tease me." He said playfully, I giggled. "I've been waiting to do that for a while and it totally lived up to the hype."

The kiss was amazing and I couldn't stop thinking about it as I walked into English class, I didn't even bat an eye at Elliott when I got to my seat.

The happiness didn't ware off until class officially started, that's when I felt his eyes burning into my skin.

I felt myself shiver, don't look at him, don't give him that satisfaction but my eyes couldn't help but go to him.

Our eyes met and he gave me the grossest smirk and I felt my throat close.

I was so scared, I knew he couldn't assault me again due to people being around but that smile showed that he'd do it again if he could.

I gripped my pencil, I couldn't focus on anything else but him and his fucking smirk.

I wanted to go, go far away. I wanted Owen to comfort me or even to kiss Brent again.

I was on the cusp of a panic attack and that was never good, I raised my hand. "Yes, Miss. Hudson?" Mr. Finngin asked, after glancing at me.

"May I go to the bathroom?" He nods and I practically run out of the class and ran to the nearest washroom.

I get into the bathroom, bumping into someone as I do so. "Oh Carrie, are you okay?" It was Delilah.

"I just, hate being around him." I said, splashing my face with sink water.  "Elliott?" She questioned, coming closer to me.

"You else?" I snap, she cringes. "I'm sorry." She hugs me from behind. "Are you planning on telling a teacher or Hank?" I shake my head and told her  the same thing I told Owen.

"No and please don't tell anyone?" She bit her lip. "Why not? He hurt you and your letting him win?" I felt tears in my eyes.

"I can't tell anyone, please don't judge me for that." She sighs, her previously bewildered expression replaced with a caring one.

"I don't judge you, I just want what's best for you." What's best for me is to forget and move on. "Thank Delilah, I appreciate it." She nods and leaves, I do the same a few minutes later.

I am begrudgingly go back to my class where I spend the rest of the fifty minutes in a panicked state.

I moment I walked into the cafeteria I felt tons of eyes on me, I walked to my table with my head as high as I could make it.

"Hey, Care Bear." Penny said, giving  me a smile. "Hey, Pen." I said, sitting next to Charlotte.

"You feeling good?" Charlotte asked, I nodded knowing it wasn't that much of a lie. I was feeling pretty okay, I was mostly glad Elliott wasn't at the table.

"I am." I said, I started eating and still felt eyes on me but not just random students I don't know but my friends were staring at me.

"What is it guys?" I ask, they exchange a look and now I'm concerned. "Guys, what is it?" I press.

"How are you acting normal, okay I mean. Elliott assaulted you and he's not even in trouble." Charlotte asked, I shrugged.

"Of course he didn't get in trouble, I didn't tell anyone." Penny's eyes went wide. "You haven't?!" She exclaimed, I nodded.

"You have to tell someone." Charlotte said matter-of-factly, I looked away. They were right, if it happened to them.

I wasn't like them, I hate opening up to people, telling people about when someone hurts me.

"I can't." I say, Charlotte took my hand. "Why not?" She asked as if it's crazy I couldn't. "Because I just can't."

"You can, I'll be there, we'll be there if you want us too." My lip quivered and I wiped at my damp under eyes.

"I'm scared." I confess, she pulled me close. "I know it's scary but I'm here, Penny's here, Delilah's here, shall I go on?" I smile then frown.

"Hank will find out, and everyone will know too." She gave me a caring look. "Yeah, some people will but they don't hate you for it."

I just hoped people would believe me and not just think I was a slut who wanted attention.

"Will they believe me?" I ask, she smiled. "Brent can vouch for you, he was there." I groan and put my face in my hands.

I didn't want to involve him, it's bad enough I broke both of our hearts but now he was to explain how he found us!

"Think about all the other potential girls he could hurt, you'll be helping this school." Penny said.

I didn't think about that, I didn't know why I didn't, I was so angry about myself that I didn't think about other girls.

He could've done this before, assault a girl and she kept quiet about it and he could do it again.

That statement made me say. "Okay, I'll talk to someone."