25: First Date

"Oh my God, I can't do this!" I shouted, entering my bathroom. The three girls had followed me.

"Yes you can, come on." Penny said, I just kept shaking my head. They could not see me but I was. "Carrie, there's no reason to be scared." Charlotte said, I breathed a couple of times then looked at myself in the mirror.

I can do this? Can I? Yes, yes, yes! I closed my eyes for a minute just as I heard footsteps come up the stairs. It has to be Brent.

"Hey girls, where's Carrie?" Brent asked, Delilah asked with a. "In the bathroom, having a panic attack." He was silent for a minute, the only sound was three pairs of feet leaving the upstairs area.

"Carrie come out." Brent said, voice as soft as ever. "I'm sorry Brent, I ruin everything." I confessed. "I don't think you do, you make everything better to me." That made my cheeks brighten, I make everything better?

"I do?" I asked.

"You really do." He replied.

"Okay I'm coming out." I said, firmly gripping the door knob. "I'm ready." He said, stepping away. I opened the door and our eyes instantly met. He looked me over and a grin played on his lips.

"You look beautiful, you always do but tonight is different." He said, kissing the top of my head. "You look dashing as well." I said, moving some of his brown hair out of his face. He was wearing a blue button up shirt and black pants. His hair was as messy as ever but he wore it nicely.

"Thanks." He said, putting an arm around me. "Ready?" He asked, I gave him a small nod and we descended down the stairs.

The girl had left but all the boys were waiting at the edge of the stairs, the while walk to them I was praying they wouldn't embarrass me.

"You look smoking right now." Liam stated, flicking my forehead. I wacked his hand away. "Shut it." I mumbled, I looked at a smiling Owen. "You do look great." He said, pulling me in a side hug.

"I'm ready, hit me with the threats." Brent said, bracing himself for the overwhelming protectiveness of five, count em, five brothers.

"I swear if you hurt my sissy, I'll murder you!" Benji said, wagging his finger. "I won't." Brent said, taking the out scratched finger and squeezing it. "Good." Benji said, satisfied.

"Same with us." Liam said, pointing between him and Luke. "Ditto." Owen said, crossing his arms. "Okay not as bad as I thought it would be." Brent whispered to me, I giggled.

"And don't even think about getting it on." Hank said, both mine and Brent's cheek went red. "We won't!" We said at the same time.

After Brent getting a kind yet stern talking to by Hank, we finally exited the house. "That was embarrassing." I said, he shrugged. "You should meet my Nana, I'd probably die." I giggled, I've heard grandparents are more embarrassing.

"I can't wait to meet her then." I said, getting into his nice cat. "Let's just see how tonight ends." I faked a frown and said. "You don't think it'll end well?" I asked, he sighed and shook his head. "I know it'll end good, do you?" I know it will! "Of course I do!"

The car ride was a pretty quiet, I was mostly wondering where exactly he was taking me. I'm not the biggest fan of surprises so I was a bit nervous.

"I can't take it anymore, where are we going?" I say after fifteen minutes of driving. "I told you it's a surprise." I groaned and gave him a look. "Tell me!" I presisted, he gave me a small grin. "I'm not telling, you'll just have to wait."

I get into a pretend huff, hoping my "anger" will make him tell me. "Don't worry Carrie, I know you'll love it." He reassured me.

He only droved a little more before he turned into a forest entrance. "Are you gonna kill me out here?" He chuckled. "You'll see." I snapped my head his way. "That wasn't a no!" He laughed and patted my shoulder. "Do you trust me?" He asked, well not after the forest thing!