38. "NORMAL"

It's been almost two weeks since me and Owen had our heart-to-heart and it's been a lot more calm then I'd expected.

Things had slowly gone back to normal. Owen and Liam are back to being good friends again and Owen and I are closer than ever.

He still hasn't told anyone else but I won't push him. He'll come out when he wants too.

The only difference is that me, Charlotte, and Penelope have been furiously ignoring Delilah and that's not going to change.

After getting spammed with calls and texts from her- I blocked her. She's been trying to corner me at school so we can talk but I either pretend like she doesn't exist or give her the worst look I can.

She still hasn't backed off- but she's doing it less and less. I'm not going to confront her. I don't like confrontation.

Plus I have a bigger problem.

My father- my biological father- is getting out of prison in two days. That little fact has been effecting both me and Hanks mood. Owen and Eric are the only other brothers who know. So the others have been in the dark.

I don't like that but it's the best for them. There isn't any reason to make them worry. I hate that Eric and Owen know anyways. But they do.

What can I do about it?

*~*~*~*~*

I've been so preoccupied by thoughts of my biological father that I didn't hear what my two best friends were going on about. Even in a cafeteria, I couldn't hear anything.

"Carrie?" The use of my name made me shake my thoughts away and look up. "Yeah?" Owen scoffed and squeezed my back.

"What are you thinking about?" He whispered quietly. I glanced at him, giving Owen a 'you already know' look.

"Yeah girl- what's up? You've acting distant for a few days. Everything okay?" Penelope said- Charlotte nodded in agreement. "Is this about" Charlotte started but stopped, she side-eyed Owen before whispering. "The bitch who will not be named."

Owen rolled his eyes. "Don't be like that- I can handle hearing her name." No one else knew the real reason why Owen and Delilah broke up beside me and Hank. Obviously Owen and Delilah too. But it'll stay that way until Owen is ready.

Charlotte scoffed. "I'm just trying to protect your feelings- but whatever- is this about D?" Charlotte turned back to me.

"It's not about anything. I'm fine." It's not very convincing but they could all tell that I didn't want to talk about it. Owen knew- of course- and have me the 'we'll talk about it at home' look.

"Jesus Christ." Penelope said, looking behind me. I turned and really wished I'd didn't. None other than Delilah- she had her tongue down the guy from the malls throat.

I scoffed. "She sure moved on quickly." I mumbled. I looked to Owen- he was looking at his ex but didn't look too bothered- certainly not as pissed at I was.

"How aren't you fuming?" Charlotte asked. "I wouldn't blame you." Penelope added. Owen just shrugged. "I'm moving on. Just like she is. Let's quit talking about her." That I could agree on.

"I'm just saying- I wouldn't mind tussling with her if ya want me too. Hey- are you ever going tell us what happened?" Penelope asked. She asked both of us.

I shrugged and looked over at him. "What happened to to not talking about it?" Owen quipped. Penelope huffed but didn't push us further.

*~*~*~*~*

"Carrie!" A hand forcefully grabbing my arm made me whip around. It was Delilah.

Shit.

I was just about to get out of school. I was tired and just wanted to go home. Plus I really don't want to even see Delilah anymore.

"I'm busy." I said- dryly. I tried to pull out of her grip but she only squeezed harder. Not saying a word, she hugged me. She started to cry, getting people's attention.

"P-p-please." She held me tighter. I let out a shaky breath before peeling her off of me. I looked her dead in the eye.

"I don't give a fuck." My wording choice made both me and her surprised. But, honestly, it felt good. I pushed her away and pointed at her.

"Owen loved you and admitted something so personal and you iced him. Told him he wasn't valid. That's shitty." She swiped away her tears and looked at her feet.

"I didn't say that. Being- being," I finished for her, in a hushed tone. "Bisexual." She flinched- fucking flinched- at the word.

"It's not real, Carrie. He just can't admit that he's gay." I couldn't believe the shit this girl was saying. My mouth was gaped open.

"Go screw yourself-" I paused and smiled. "Actually go get that self-centered jock to do it. You've been mouth screwing enough the past few weeks."

Before she can respond. I turn on my heel and run off. From the backs of the peoples hand, I see Brents.

"Hey!" I shouted, jumping on his back. He lets out a surprised noise before realizing it was in fact his girlfriend.

"Baby." He grabbed my waist lifted me up. I was baby's weight in his arms. "I was gonna call you when I got home." He puts me down and holds my hand.

"Oh yeah?" I wiggled my brows. "Yeah um I was wondering if you wanted to hang out this Saturday- if you aren't busy!" He sounded a little coy.

I bit my lip. I'd like nothing more than to hang out with my loving boyfriend but Saturday is in two days. The day my biological dad is getting out of jail.

I have no idea what's in store for me but I know Hank would appreciate it if I stayed home.

"I dunno. I was planning on spending it with Benji." I probably would honestly. He didn't have a little league game that day so I could spend it with him and Hank. Two of my very favorite people.

He frowns. "Oh yeah that's cool, it's just-" He looked down at the floor. "It's just?" I prompt him. He snapped his gaze back at me- with red cheeks- he blurted.

"I want you to meet my Nana." I stopped. He stopped. I smiled. He wants me to meet his Nana. This is a big step.

One that I want to take, even if the timing isn't great. "It's fine. I'll tell her some other time." I grabbed his chin and brought him down. After a kiss, I touched our noses together.

"I'd love to meet her." His smile was huge and genuine. "I love you." I closed my eyes and rubbed our noses.

This was perfect. Why can't everything be this rose tinted?

*~*~*~*~*

Bit of a long end note here but it's totally warranted. We hit 100k on My New Home! I have been working on this story for more than two years now and- while I had up and downs with his story (I.E - taking a one year hiatus)- this has been my favorite passion project.
While it's certainly not perfect. Not by a long shot. I have many errors and plan to edit as soon as I'm finished. It's MY story and I'm proud for sticking through this.
Thank you for the support! Love you guys <3