47. Breakfast & Besties

"Should we stop for breakfast?" Owen asked the car, the twins erupted in yes' and cheers as back out of the driveway.

So that's why Owen wanted to leave earlier than normal!

"But school starts in twenty." I insisted. Liam, who sits with me in the back, playfully punches my arm. "Boo don't be such a bummer!" Luke slides his head to face me from the passenger side seat.

"Yeah, I want donuts!" He said, throwing his fist in the air. "Hey you better be careful with those circled calorie snacks, you don't wanna get out of shape do you? Not during game season too. Oh boy!" Liam smirked while Luke rolled his eyes and leaned over to smack his brother over the head.

I sighed and put my hands up. "Okay, okay you win. But I want two donuts- you know- just in case we're late." Owen looked at me through the rear view mirror.

"It's on me- well Carrie's stuff is on me! I'll think about you two bozos." Luke scoffed and flicked at Owens driving hand. "Why wouldn't you pay? We're the best brothers you could ask for."

Owen glances at the both. "Liam, sure, but you have almost killed us a bunch of times with your nutty ass driving." Luke pretends offense- puts a hand on his heart and looks away.

"How dare you Owen! I am a responsible, well-mannered driver." I laughed out loud at this, a action that made Luke give me a death glare.

"Well not all of us are-" Owen and Liam gave him a warning look. "Watch what you say." I rolled my eyes; as of last night, all the guys are now acting like I'm some fragile vase that can be broken by one little word.

I've only been up for about an hour and they all bend to my will, fearing that I might break down in a emotional wreck. Not something I wanted but- hey- at least they care.

Luke puts his hands up. "I was only going to say are ladies." I crossed my arms. "And how is that any better then mentioning my dad?" And then it happens.

They all grow silent. Awkward.

"Guys," I said, exhausted by the weirdness. "I'm not going to jump outta the car at the slightest mention of my father. I appreciate the support- but it's fine. I'm fine. Well I'm not but- you guys know what I mean."

"Look Carrie, we aren't like Benji or Hank," Luke admits after a silence; Owen pulls into a parking lot for a breakfast place. "We don't do well with emotions, we avoid it I guess." Liam nodded but Owen scoffed.

"Speak yourselves, I am very in tune with my emotions." Luke raises his eyebrows. "That's gay of you Owen." Owen's cheeks went deep red and he cleared his throat. "So what do you guys want?!" He asked suddenly, pulling up to the drive thru.

I smacked Luke's forearm and he retreated back inwards. "What's that for?" I narrowed my eyes; Owen hadn't come out to his brothers yet, he is hesitant and worried it might not go well.

So anytime, which is very rarely, one of the boy uses gay in a bad way- I'm not it.

"Don't be homophobic!" I whisper-yelled. Luke eyes go wide. "What? Me? I love gay people!" I laughed, Liam gave his twin a annoyed look.

Owen put his face against the steeling wheel. "Tell me what you want!" I put a hand on his shoulder and patted it.

"Donuts!" Luke said, pumping his hand on the car roof. "And coffee, black." Liam commented as he leaned his head back, clearly done with the shit that's going on in the car.

Me too, brother, me too.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Carrie!" A familiar southern voice called from behind me, I turned around and saw Charlotte barreling toward me. Penelope was right next to her.