46. Brothers Love

~ WARNING: Self-Harm & Child abuse present and or talked about in this chapter ~

I dreaded the car ride back home.

It was 6PM; Hank finally finished the mountains of paperwork he had to do. While he did that; I did the work online that I missed today. Well at least it looked like that.

In reality I couldn't stop thinking about what Owen had said over the phone.

"ELLIOTT'S IN THE HOSPITAL!" He screamed over the receiver, Hank and I locked eyes and he cleared his throat.

"My God," he faked surprised. "What in the world happened?" Owen was so loud, even a few feet away I could hear every single word that came out of his mouth next.

"DON'T PLAY DUMB!" Hanks head whirled back to give his phone screen a death glare, as if the phone was Owen.

"Excuse me, I know this must be upsetting but there's no reason to speak to your father-" He didn't even get to finish, Owen was screaming again.

"WHEN BRENT FOUND OUT, HE WENT FUCKING CRAZY! SAID CARRIE WAS WITH HIM! WHY THE FUCK WAS SHE WITH HIM," Hank tried to cut in but Owen didn't let him. "WHERE IS SHE NOW? IS SHE EVEN SAFE? IS SHE AT THE HOSPITAL? OH MY GOD, IS THAT WHY SHE DIDN'T COME TO SCHOOL TODAY?!"

"Owen cal-"

"IS SHE AT THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW?! IS SHE HURT?!"

"OWEN JAMIE ANDERSON!" Hank joined Owen in the shouting match, this finally made Owen shut up. Hank took in a shaky breathe and continued talking, calm again.

"Carrie's alright, she's safe. I don't know all the details myself but we'll cross that bridge when we get there."

Owen sighs deeply. "Well we better get there pretty damn soon, I need answers. I swear, if Carrie isn't home by the time YOU get home, I'm going over to the hospital and getting some answers from Elliott."

Hank scratched his nose and silently muttered a curse. "We'll be home by 7, stay at school. And don't worry your siblings."

Owen chuckles nervously. "Too late for that- but I thought they should know!" Hank puts his face in his hands and groaned. "Only Luke and Liam." Owen added to make his father feel a little better.

"Go back to class, Owen." I heard a low mutter come from Owens end. "Love you son." Hank said as he hung up.

"Shit, sorry sweetie. I'll make sure they don't go all interrogation mode on you."

Now we're here, Hank's car turning onto our neighborhood's street.

Hank sees how tense I am and grips my hand as tight as possible. "It'll be alright, they just love you so much." I know, that's why I feel so bad. I keep most of them in the dark- and that has to change.

They need to know- not about what really did happen last night- but about my father. They deserve to know.

And, more importantly, keeping this to myself (and a few people) is killing me.

I don't say anything to Hank, just nod, as we turn into the driveway.

On the front door steps is Owen, his leg was bouncing and he looked wild. The moment the car stopped and I opened the door, he was on his feet and booking it to me.

Silently, he swigs the door the rest of the way- nearly taking it off its hinges- and pulled me out of the car.

Before I could say or do anything, he pulls me into a big hug and squeezes me to the point of gasping for air.