40. Totally Not A Filler Chapter

"Let's play a game!" Benji yells suddenly, he stands up from his spot on the living room floor and looks excitedly at us.

"Be quiet Benj, no one wants to play." Xander says. Both Luke and Liam smack him for being so mean to a now sad looking Benji.

"Sorry." Xander pouts. Both me and Owen, on the couch, laugh at this exchange. "What did you in mind Benj?" I ask.

He smiles again and runs over to me then he frowns. "I uh dunno." Owen grabs his little brother and looks him directly in the eyes. "If you didn't have an idea, why'd you bring it up?"

Poor Benji, looked like a deer in headlights. "I dunno-" he pushed out of Owens grip. "I just don't wanna watch TV anymore, it's boring." I look outside the window, the weather took a very rainy and cold turn just an hour ago. This is the only reason why my sports obsessed brothers were inside instead of going on a run or playing basketball.

"How about chicken?" Luke offered, smirking at me.

"Hel- heck no." I reframe from swearing in front of Benji but still make it clear I'll never play that awful game again.

Last time I budged and said I'd play, I ended up bruising my thighs from falling off our 10ft balcony. Luke still teases me about often. But Owen was terrified. Not to mention Hank- God he was so worried.

So no, I will not be playing that game again.

Ever.

"Agreed." Owen said.

"How about truth or dare?" Xander says.

I narrow my eyes, that's just chicken with extra steps. Owen leans in and whispers. "I won't let them give you a outrageous dare." I smile at him. "Thanks." He nods.

"That's what big brothers are for." He ruffed my hair. "Me and Carrie say we should play." Luke raises his eyebrows. "And your decision goes?"

Owen shrugs. "We are the oldest." Benji points at him. "Eric is." Owen playfully looks around the room. "Where is he? I don't see him." Benji huffs and crosses his arms.

"Let's play!" Benji says again.

The six of us go into a circle on the floor and wait for someone to start. Xander pipes up after a short silence. "Owen, truth or dare?" He yells, Owen pretends to think about it.

"Hm...dare."

Xander smirks and taps his chin then exclaims loudly. "I dare you to give me twenty bucks!" Owen groans loudly and playfully smacks his brother.

"Hell no, give me an actual dare." Xander shrugs. "It was one, I need the money." Owen raises a brow. "For what? A sippy cup?" Benji giggles which makes Xander snap his head in his little brother's directions.

"Your one to talk, you just got popped outta moms-" Liam grabs his brother and covers his mouth tightly.

Both at the almost curse word and the mention of their mother. Benji grows quiet.

I never got the full story, only the fact that their mom left after Benji. She felt "overwhelmed" due to having so many boys and felt when he was about 1. She never came back.

No one ever told me but, everytime their mom is mentioned, Benji grows sad. Truly sad, that's the only time he ever really is.

I put my hand on his shoulder but he pulls away. "No fair, Xander." Liam releases Xander and he regretfully sighs. "Sorry." I believed he meant this one, unlike the last one.

"Carrie," Luke says suddenly, breaking the silence. "Truth or dare?" Being the well- chicken I am- I said. "Truth."

They all roll their eyes- apart from Benji. "Who is your favorite brother?"

My answer is immediate. "I don't have one, I love you all the-"

"Bull Carrie, tell us!" Xander demands. I try my best to avoid making eye contact with the boys to not reveal my pick.

Truth is I loved them all the same. Well- there might be one I'm found of the most but I can't say. It will hurt them all.

"I love you all too much to pick." Benji jumps into my lap. "Love you so much, sis!" He yells in my ear, I cringe from the blast in my ear drums but I smile nonetheless.

"Blah, truth or dare is supposed to be fun. Not all gushy." Xander complains, I just roll my eyes as they continue to play.

Luke dared Liam to put ice in his boxers; in turn, Liam dared Luke to send a foot picture randomly to a girl he liked. They both did the assigned dare but there was a clear winner.

At least judging by how red with anger and embarrassment Luke's face was.

Benji was dared to spin around for a minute and walk across the living room, he ended up falling on his face halfway.

He bounced back quickly, as a seven year old I've never seen him actually get seriously hurt by anything.

Things were going great.

Life was going great.

Brent and I are better than ever; I have a family of protective, funny, and extremely athletic brothers- not a mention a dream foster dad.

Things have been so good that I haven't even thought of-

Bing!

My phone goes off, interrupting Benjis dare for Xander. I grab it off the coffee table. It's gotta be Hank, texting me that he'll be later at the office or perhaps Eric checking up on me.

But no- it was a follow request on Instagram. I wasn't too shocked, I have it private for a lot of reasons.

I click on the message, to see who the person that was trying to follow me is. It's probably someone from school.

But when I look at the username my stomach twists in knots and I nearly punk.

BillC16

There wasn't a profile picture and it was it was made just a few hours ago. Part of me thought it could be any random Bill but I couldn't risk it.

I quickly denied the request and blocked the account. It couldn't really be my father, could it?

Either way, it's better to be safe then sorry.

As well as blocking him, I quickly delated any information about my area in my bio and took down any pictures that showed my school or neighborhood.

After taking a deep breath and setting my phone down, Owen gives me a look. A 'what's that about?' Look. I wave him off and lie.

"It was Brent, we were dirty talking." He gags and shakes his head. "Ew, I do NOT want to picture you and Brent having se-" he couldn't even finish his sentence before gagging.

"Okay, I'm going to go do something actually productive and do some homework, see you guys later." I say, not being able to focus on anything.

All I could think about was that account trying to follow me.

I stood up and start walking to my room, they all mumbled goodbyes to me as I went up the stairs.

I went to my room and laid down, trying my best to get my damn father out of my head. It was harder than usual.

Could that really be my father? If so, does that mean he found some things on my account?

Will he find me...?

What would he do if he did.

No! That's enough.

I throw my phone at the end of my bed and cover my head with my pillow.

Eventually I fall asleep, taking shelter in my dreams.

~ I TOLD YOU IT WASN'T A FILLER CHAPTER! PLOT. PROGRESSION! In all seriousness, I hope you enjoyed! New chapter will come out... I don't know but probably within a week or two ~