66. EPILOGUE - Adoption Day

I stared at myself in the mirror, feeling beautiful.

Mari was right, that black dress did look good on me.

It hugged my curves, what little ones I have. The chest area, while being my size, was tight on my boobs. It didn't make me feel uncomfortable, it's beautiful.

The only thing I didn't like was the spaghetti straps. They showed my whole arms. They showed all my scars.

But you know what? I didn't

My body reflected me. The physical cuts were deep but healing, I was healing.

I didn't go more a long sleeved shirt or a jacket to cover up...I wouldn't.

Not anymore. I won't cover up who I am.

I even wore my classes today...to be my more authentic self.

My hair was messy still, I didn't feel like making the it look all nice.

Benefit of having really short hair, it's way less work to handle. Still I could style it a bit and, if there's any day to look good, it's today.

Instead of busting out my hair gel and styling brush, I just ran a hand through my hair and made it look a little more tidy.

That was enough for me.

No makeup, as usual.

I wore a pair of white heels, they were big too. A few inches too, I was six foot with those bad boys on. It made me feel powerful, even though my clumsy ass can barely walk in them.

That was it, I was ready.

I was ready to be adopted.

I grabbed my tiny bag with my phone, chapstick, and other little things I need.

I started heading out of my room, bumping into Liam on my way downstairs. He seemed to be in a rush to leave.

"Where are you going?"

No way he would miss this, me getting adopted into his family...our family!

He stopped right at the foot of the stairs, he turned back to me. "Charlotte, she's taking me and Penny." I sighed in relief.

"Oh alright." We walked downstairs together. "You really think I'd miss this?"

No. I know he always has my back. Plus I want her and Penny to come, with them being my best friends and all.

Hank said I could invite anyone to this thing and oh boy have I, this is the first time in my life I have a lot of people who love me.

It's a great feeling.

"I'll see you there!" He said, jumping off the stairs & booking it to the front door. I heard a honking sound come from outside and Charlotte's voice telling him to hurry the hell up or I'm leaving your ass.

They're so cute together.

My blissed state was interrupted by yelling coming from the first floor hallway:

"I am not wearing a suit!" A voice, who I'm pretty sure is Xander, shouted.

I walked down the hall and turned my head into his room and sure enough, he was pacing around with his cute pout on his face.

"Come on kid, don't you wanna look good. It's a very special day."

"Special my ass! Carrie's been my sister for the past six months! What's so different about today?"

Hank, who looked like the dead right now, sat on Xanders bed. "Please...anything but that shirt."

I made my presence known. "What's going on?" I asked, Hank stood frantically and blocked Xander from my sight.