23: Friday Night Game

"Owen I can't." I protest, he clearly wasn't having it.

"Come on please, it'll mean so much to me." He says while taking my hands in his, I blew out a breathe and tried not to look into his puppy dog eyes.

"What is I get PTSD if I go there?" He shakes his head. "Are you serious or is that an excuse?" Damn he's smart, a smart ass he is.

It was Thursday night, I was in my room when Owen bursted through my door and begged me to come to his football game tomorrow.

I was against it due to a number of reasons but the main one was Elliott, he's still on the team because I chose not to do anything.

"Do you love me?" He asked me, sitting on my bed. He was not pulling the "I love you" card. "Of course I do." He puts his head in my lap.

"Then come to my game." He shakes my arm, I scoff and finally look at him. His face was sad and concerned and he had those damn puppy dog eyes.

I couldn't refuse his eyes or his sweet demeanor. "Fine I'll come but if I hate it, you'll owe me." And that's the story behind how I ended up going to a football for the first time.

* At the game *

The deafening sound of people cheering made my feel like running out of here and we just got here!

Me and the Anderson's, excluding Owen because he was already on the field, had just pulled into Alder High's parking lot for the big football game and I heard the cheering from 100ft away from the field.

"Ugh." I complain, Liam chuckled. "Get ready for a major headache." He said, I groaned. "Great." I said, getting out of the car and following Luke and the rest of the boys to the bleachers.

There were so many people here, we were practically on the top bleacher. I settled on the cold hard metal and got ready for a very long two hours.

Sadly Delilah, Charlotte and Penny won't he joining me due to them being cheerleaders. They are warming up to do some quality cheering.

The game started as the sun started setting and I gotta say, the movies make football games more fun then they actually are. All you do is eat food and cheer really load, not my ideal way to spend my Friday night but it could be worse.

The game itself was mediocre, the thing that made it unbearable was Luke and Liam. "Look your boyfriend scored a point!" Liam said, he was obviously referring to Brent. "Oh he's doing much better then he usually does, he's probably trying to impress you." Luke added.

They wouldn't be too bad alone but then Xander joined in, Benji was being the sweet boy he is and didn't pile onto the teasing train. And Hank wouldn't tease me like that, not so soon after Elliott at least.

"Your aren't going to cheer for him?" Xander asked, I huffed, having enough of this bull.

I stand up and start screaming on the top of my lungs like "go Brent!" and "heck yeah!" I was so loud in fact that Brent looked at me after one of my screaming rants.

When we locked eyes, he smiled at me for second then went back to the game. My cheeks heated up and I sat back down, the twins laughed. "Awe." Benji mumbled, nudging me with his elbow.

"Sh." I whispered, attempting to hide my pink cheeks. It didn't work well. The rest of the game was me cursing myself for screaming so loud, no voice for me!

The game ended and we met up with Owen, he picked me up the moment he saw me. "Hey Carrie, how'd I do?" I smiled and nodded, it would hurt too much to say something. He frowned. "What? No screaming for me? You did that an awful lot for Brent." I looked away and crossed my arms.

"Well I'm sorry." My voice came out croaky and horse, he must've realized why I wasn't praising him. "Lost your voice? Great job!" He slapped my back a little too hard, I rubbed it in pain. "Blame them." I said, pointing at the twins and Xander.

"What'd you three do now?" He asked, walking to them and leaving me alone. "Nothing!" Liam protested, the other two agreed. I sighed and shook my head as a figure joined me.

"Hey Carrie." The guy said, I turned to him and smiled at him. "Brent, hey!" I said it too loud, I cringed in pain. "Oh your voice, I'm sorry." I tilted my head, why is he sorry?

"Sorry? Why?" He shrugged. "You were cheering for me, if you weren't you would still have your voice." I waved him off. "Don't be, you were just so awesome." He blushed a little.

"Awesome? Thanks, I did fine I guess." I patted his broad shoulder, his strong shoulder, snap out of it Carrie. "Fine is a total understatement." He took my hand and sqeeuzed it, I looked around to see if anyone was watching. Spoiler alert; everyone was.

Penny, Delilah, and Charlotte were with Owen and the twins, they were watching our interaction carefully. I wonder what they're thinking?

I looked back at Brent and felt his eyes stare into my soul. "Carrie?" Brent said, pulling my hand closer to his face, his lips. "Ah huh?" I could only muster that.

"Look I just, um, I know this might be a sucky time but I, ah, really wanted to ask you something." He looked and sounded nervous, darting his eyes around frantically. "What?" I said, my voice was slowly coming back.

"I know the party was only two weeks ago but I can't stop thinking about you, about us." He paused and I waited for him to continue, when he didn't, I said. "Go on." He looked at the ground.

"I really like you, I want to be with you so maybe we could go out sometime." A huge smile formed on my face and slid my arms around his neck. "A date?" I asked with my brows raised. "Yeah, a date." I bit my lip and debated on whether to do the thing I wanted to do but decided why the hell not?!

I stood on my tippy toes and kissed him, I felt a ton of eyes on me and Brent but didn't care. I know the party happened so recently but I feel so safe, so comfortable with Brent. I wasn't scared and I didn't think I would get hurt with him.

I wasn't sure I'd be happy in a relationship with him just a little bit ago but I know now that he's exactly what I want.

"I'd love too, you free tomorrow?" I said after pulling away from him, he gave me a goofy grin. "Tomorrow? Yes I am, I'm so free!" I gave him another kiss and stepped away.

"Great." I said, he moved some hair out of my face. "Great." He said, we both made our way to our friend group. They all looked stunned and Charlotte looked like she might explode.

"Hey." Brent said, his arm was around me and that's where everyone's eyes went. "Cut the shit, what happened?!" Charlotte asked, jumping up and down.

"Nothing much." I said, looking at Brent. "So scoring a date with me is nothing?" He said, I pursed my lips as Owen spoke. "A date huh?" Brent looked a little scared and so was I, I didn't think Owen would be protective in that sense.

"I'm kidding." Owen said, smiling at us. "Knock yourselfs out, screw like bunnies." My cheeks burned and Hank said. "Maybe not the ladder." I laughed. "No definitely not."

Charlotte, Penny and Delilah pulled me aside and ask me seriously. "Are you ready for this?" Delilah asked, I nodded. I very much was. "Really? So soon." Penny added. "Yes!" I persist, after much convincing they finally believed me.

After chatting with the girls, we departed and I went to Hank's black van. "How about some victory pizza?" Hank said as he drove out of the lot, the boys cheered and so did I.

Pizza is a cure all, no one can tell me otherwise.