14: Rainy Days (Short)

It was Sunday, a good day, it was two days after Miss. Brandy's visit and everyone was going pretty smoothly.

Owen hadn't bothered me today, Hank and I are doing great but best of all it, it's a rainy day!

Those are my favorite kind of days, tied with snow days do course, due to the fact that I should stay in the whole day. Well for me at least.

Liam was out on his date with Charlotte, I virtually helped her pick out her outfit and di her hair, she will look beautiful as always.

Can you guess where Luke is? On a run, of course. Well, to be fair, this run different.

He told me that running in the rain is better, for some reason so he went to a friend house where there's lots of a trails so is gonna be there for the day.

And sadly, Hank is at work so it's just me, Xander, Benji and Owen. Two out of three I was good with.

Me and the two youngest were watching some kids TV show when Owen entered the room.

"I'm bored, let's go to the park." He proclaimed, grabbing his car keys. I thought he was talking to Xander and Benji and he was, but also me.

The boys also agreed that going to the park would be better then staying here, when I didn't move Benji said.

"Come on, Carrie." He protested, shaking my body. "I'm good, thanks." Owen sighed. "Fine, be all alone." I snapped up at his gaze.

"Almost sounds like you want me to come?" I say, tilting my head. "Just make up your mind."

I huffed, I could sit here all alone or I could go out with Benji and Xander, the best answer is obvious.

"Okay, I'll go." The two boys rejoce and Owen looks unfazed but that's much better then rage!

We get in the car, I'm in the passenger seat, Xander and Benji in the back and Owen driving.

It was quiet for more of the ride, just the pitter pattering of water droplets hitting the car.

We arrived at the park Owen was talking about, a simple playground and a trail that leads into a small forest.

Benji and Xander both ran out and I realized just how dumb I was, I didn't bring a jacket. Guess I'll get sick,

I huff but laugh a little at Owen, how just had the same realization. "Forgot your jacket too?" I said, eyeing his bare sleeves.

"I'll survive." He said, getting out of the car. I shake my head and debate staying in the car but seeing Benji jumping in mud piles and having fun made me get out.

"Come play with me, sis!" Benji said, taking one of my hands and pulling me into a bunch of mud.

"Ahh!" I screamed, getting mud on my white, now brown Converse. "Girls and their shoes." Xander snickered, I blew out a breath.

"I couldn't care." I protest, crossing my eyes. "Sure." Xander said, getting a handful of mud and smearing it on my shirt.

Owen started laughing, joining in on the smearing. "Cut it out!" I screamed, scooping some mud and smacking Owen.

"Hey!" He exclaimed, pushing on the pile. I was so soaked and cold that I put my hands up.

Owen was ready to continue but Benji stopped him. "That's enough!" He yelled, standing between us.

Benji helped me up and I grimmest, wiping some of the gross sticky subtaste off. "That wasn't fun." I say, Benji frowned.

"Do you want my jacket?" He asked, sliding it off. Benji's tall for his age so it would probably fit but I push it back to him.

"No, keep it." I said, starting to the car. "Im going in the car, you guys have fun." I said, getting in the car. "Awe, okay." Benji pouted.

I spent the rest of the time in the car as they have fun, it was boring but then again it's better then getting pummeled by more mud.

As more time passes I felt more and more awful, God I'm definitely sick. Great, am I right?!