11. don't make me your enemy

EPISODE ELEVEN, SEASON FIVE

Avery's phone rung from next to where she was sat staring off into space not knowing what to do

Avery's phone rung from next to where she was sat staring off into space not knowing what to do. Avery wasn't planning on answering but when she saw who the caller was she immediately picked it up and brought it to her ear answering the phone "Liam?"

"Avery" he took deep breathes trying to control his breathing while he let out small sobs into the phone making Avery worried rising to her feet "Liam what's wrong? Are you hurt?"

"She's gone" he paused trying to control his cries "Hayden's dead" he finished once he could speak again

Avery felt her heart drop in her stomach. She really wanted the girl to survive and now Liam was Avery's top priority and making sure he was okay "Liam where are you?" Avery asked grabbing her keys and running out to her car

"The hospital, why?" Liam answered wiping away his tears from his face

"Don't move, I'm coming to you" Avery answered before ending the call so that she didn't give him time to argue about her coming. She stomped onto the gas making the Car jolt forward and sped off into the distance heading towards the hospital

~

"Avery is that you?" Liam sniffed looking up from the ground hearing heavy footsteps running fast and when Avery ran up to the doorway Liam felt safe like everything was gonna be okay "Liam" she whispered before running over to him dropping to her knees so that she could swing her arms around him stroking the back of his head to calm him while he dropped his head down onto her shoulder "shh it's okay, everything's gonna be okay"

Even though Avery was also going through some things, she would always be there for Liam and the rest of her friends. She always put them before herself no matter what had happened or was happening to her.

"I couldn't save her. I wasn't even here when she died, I was with Scott trying to kill him. I'm such a monster" he muffled into her shirt

"No, no your not a monster. Your far from it. You were just in a bad place and Theo used that advantage to manipulate you" Avery said but when she said Theo's name her voice cracked and Liam took notice of it and pulled away from Avery "I'm sorry about Theo"

Avery nodded "It's okay, I guess we all should of listened to Stiles"

Liam smiled sadly "Yeah"

Before Liam could say anything else Avery pulled him back into a hug and for the next hour they just sat there.

Avery thought she was just comforting Liam but in reality they were comforting each other.