23. The party that went bad

EPISODE THREE, SEASON SIX

Avery walked closely to Malia who desperately wanted to walk the other way knowing that she had to do her test and she was already feeling really stressed about it

Avery walked closely to Malia who desperately wanted to walk the other way knowing that she had to do her test and she was already feeling really stressed about it. Avery could tell and decided to speak up "Don't worry about it, you'll do fine." Malia took a quick glimpse in Avery's direction nodding "yeah I know but I've failed like every test I take. I mean what if I fail this one took? What if I never get out of school? What if-"

"What if you nail this test and you'll be perfectly fine?" Avery interrupted Malia's nervous rambling. Malia shrugged not feeling too confident in herself "I don't know A, you hear what Mrs finch says about me. It's all tr-" yet again Malia was cut short as Avery grabbed onto Malia's hand stopping her in front of Ms Martins office. "Bullshit. It's all bullshit. Listen Lia, I don't care what that old lady has to say, you're perfect and you're smart. Your gonna nail this test and then we're gonna go and get ice cream to celebrate." Avery smiled to her best friend who kept her eyesight on their intertwined hands.

Malia sighed meeting Avery's green eyes that held comfort in them. "You're really an amazing friend, you know that?" Avery's smile only grew as she shrugged "Of course I do." Malia chuckled shaking her head, wearing a big grin.

"If you need me I'm gonna be right here outside the door the whole time." Avery said motioning to where she was standing and so Malia nodded.

Avery squeezed Malia's hand before letting her walk into Ms Martins's room. Avery could hear Natalie greeting Malia as Malia entered and shut the door behind her.

Avery leant her back on the wall, folding her arms over her chest waiting patiently for the test to end. She knew it was gonna take a while but she didn't seem to mind considering she would do anything for the people she loves, even waiting outside bored out of her mind for a test to end just so she can be there for her friend.

Avery checked the time after a while and realised that time must be flied by because it was now only twenty more minutes left until the test would end. But what Avery didn't know was that the test would end so much more faster than she expected because not even five minutes later the door was swung open and a coyote ran out bolting down the corridor.

Avery pushed herself off the wall letting her arms drop to her sides as she called out to the girl "MALIA!" She knew that Malia wouldn't stop so instead of letting her go as possibly scaring students that were in her way, Avery quickly followed Malia, running after her.

Avery soon found herself in the boiler room looking around for the coyote that Avery could hear growling and as she followed the sound she could see the glowing bright blue eyes that belonged to Malia. She was in the corner of the room where Avery and Lydia had found Malia the other night.