12. control is overrated

EPISODE TWELVE, SEASON FIVE

Avery walked into her house to see her father sitting on the couch organising bullets and hearing her footsteps he turned around noticing his daughter "where did you go?"

"Payed a little visit to my boyfriend" Avery answered placing some groceries down on the kitchen bench "and then I went to get some groceries"

Chris frowned as he got up from his spot on the couch and walked towards where Avery was packing away food "Your still with him?"

Avery put a jug of milk into the fridge and turned around facing her father "yes, I am, but not for long" Her voice was angered but still saddened and Chris noticed as she continued packing away things Slightly slamming them down "You really like this kid don't you?"

"No, maybe, yes, look I don't know what I feel and it doesn't matter because I can't be with him cause he kinda tried to kill my friend" Avery answered as she finished putting the groceries into where they were supposed to be

Chris smiled watching his daughter make a small bed in the couch for him "Allison would be proud with how you have turned out" he muttered making Avery stop what she was doing at the mention of her sisters name before shaking her head "No she wouldn't, she would be so disappointed"

She took a seat on the couch and ran her hand through her blonde hair frustratedly so Chris made his way towards her and sat down next to her taking her hand in his "why wouldn't she be proud? Look how strong you are"

Avery kept her gaze onto the ground as she answered "I can't even do the one thing that she died doing" Avery moved her gaze onto her father before continuing "protecting her friends, Scott almost died, I almost died, Lydia almost died, Liam almost died, we all almost died numerous amounts of times and it's all because of me falling for a chimera who's working with the dread doctors"

Chris shook his head "that's not true, it's not your fault and I think your doing an amazing job at protecting your friends"

"Lydia's in Eichen, Scott is still healing, Malia left to do something that she won't even tell me, Kira is trying to gain control over her kitsune, Stiles and Scott are hardly talking and when they do it's about the dread doctors, Liam is hurting over Hayden's death, how am I doing good at protecting them?" Avery asked

Argent shrugged with a small smile "Your not giving up, and your willing to break up with your boyfriend That you really like to help your friends"

Avery sat there processing everything that he said and smiled slightly as she nodded "Thanks for listening to me"

"Anytime darling" he said as Avery got up and turned off the lights and walking to her room alone without the boyfriend she was talking about with her father a second ago