35. Fear can make you do stupid things

EPISODE TWELVE, SEASON SIX

Theo hadn't come home and it had been hours since he had left and to say that Avery was worried would be an understatement

Theo hadn't come home and it had been hours since he had left and to say that Avery was worried would be an understatement. She sat on her bed with Arrow on her lap waiting but to her dismay he didn't walk through the front door with bags filled with food like she expected. Like he said he would. Avery held her phone to her ear calling Theo but his voicemail was the only thing that came through the speaker. Avery dropped her phone onto her bed with a sigh and shut her eyes knowing that there would be a reason why he was not at home and she would not like it one bit.

She knew something was going to happen but she didn't stop him from leaving and now she regretted it more than anything. She lifted Arrow from her lap and placed her on the Bed so she could get up and walk out of her room to go to the kitchen.

Once she was in the kitchen she grabbed her keys and headed to the door. She grabbed the doorknob and opened the door. She made sure she shut the door behind her and locked it before leaving for her motorbike. She got on it and turned it on not bothering to put on her helmet as she rode off to the supermarket while also looking around to see if he had stopped on the side of the road.

Avery rode past buildings, houses and shops but she didn't stop until she noticed a familiar dark blue truck sitting in the middle of a car park. It was Theo's car. Immediately Avery turned into the car park and stopped by the truck.

As soon as she stopped she noticed that the window shield and other windows were shattered and she immediately started panicking as she jumped off the bike and ran toward the vehicle.

The driver's door was fully open and so she ran up to it and peered into the car only to see that it was empty. Avery ran around the truck and opened another door to see if he was in the backseat but she knew that he wouldn't be there but she didn't wanna believe he wasn't there. The back seat as expected was empty and she found herself climbing into the driver's seat and looking around the car to see if there were any hints as to where he had went.

Avery looked at the shattered glass and studied it for a few seconds until something caught her eye on the dashboard and she leaned forward reaching out to a small piece of metal. She grabbed onto it and brang it closer to her so she could take a closer look at it. She turned the bullet around in her hand until she saw a crest that belonged to the Argent family. Her heart hammered against her chest as she ran her finger across the symbol she grew up with.

Avery dropped the bullet and looked around frantically trying desperately to find something else but all she could find were more bullets with the same crest. "No, No, No, No, No, No, No." She repeated as her chest heaved up and down at a fast paste.

She didn't want it to be true but the answer was everywhere she looked and it hurt her deeply. She accidentally bumped something off of the seat she sat on and it fell onto the car floor so she picked it up and held what looked to be Theo's phone in her hands untouched. Out of curiosity, she opened the phone just in case if there was an answer as to what had happened even though deep down she knew exactly what happened and she felt like it was her fault. The phone unlocked and the screen showed a number that Theo was about to call.