22. What the hell is a Stiles?

EPISODE TWO, SEASON SIX

Avery lifted herself from her very comfortable bed and within a blink of an eye age understood that she was in yet another horrible nightmare

Avery lifted herself from her very comfortable bed and within a blink of an eye age understood that she was in yet another horrible nightmare. Avery hurriedly jumped up letting her feet hit the ground as she ran into the living room and that's when she saw him. Theo was sitting on a couch with Arrow while he stroked her back and watched a movie.

When Theo noticed the girl he smiled "Hey, how did you sleep?"

Avery didn't have any time to answer because she knew what was about to happen and she had to stop it. She ran over to the door and swung it open trying to spot a certain someone but all she saw was complete and utter darkness, there was nothing but an abyss of darkness. Avery could practically hear the footsteps being dragged against the ground as it teased Avery making her heart pound against her rib cage.

"Theo." Avery Spun around on her heels seeing him standing not too far away from her and she could see the concern written across his face "What's wrong? Are you okay?" he asked in a sweet tone but Avery's eyes widened once she caught sight of Tara creeping up behind Theo. "NO!" She screamed pushing Theo out the way so he hit a wall and so she could protect him.

Avery held a hand out trying to show Tara that she wasn't a threat "Tara, please. Please don't hurt him." But despite Avery's begging Tara pushed past Avery like she was small defenceless child and headed over to Theo who stared with fear at his sister.

Avery the tugged on Tara's arm and she kicked and she punched but no matter what Tara stayed standing as she inched closer to Theo.

Tara's elbow ran straight into Avery's ribs and in an instant Avery went flying into a wall. Avery picked herself up but as soon as she did and looked over to Theo she felt her heart crumble as tears formed.

Tara's hand had a firm grip on his heart from the inside while he looked at Avery, begging her to help him with his teary eyes but when Tara pulled harshly back retrieving his heart his eyes fluttered closed while his body tumbled to the ground. The sight made Avery's lip quiver as her mouth fell agape.

Avery walked slowly over to his motionless body and just as she beside him her knees unbuckled making her fall to her knees and her shaky hands grabbed onto his shoulders lifting him up so he rested his back against her while she cradled him letting small sobs leave her quivering lips. "It's okay, your gonna be okay. Everything fine. I got you." she whispered planting a soft and delicate kiss to his cheek while watching blood ooze out of his chest and onto her carpet, staining it a permanent dark red.

Avery could feel Tara's eyes on her but she didn't care because all she cared about was the boy she held on her arms as she cried. She was so exhausted seeing him die and he hurt her to the point where she didn't even want to sleep because she knew she was going to be faced with what Theo was going through in hell and Avery was just seeing a glimpse of it.