Epilogue for season five

Avery made sure to not even take a small glance over at the pack while walking up the stairs to go to the guest room in Scotts house, it wasn't because she was mad at them but because she was afraid that they were mad at her

Avery made sure to not even take a small glance over at the pack while walking up the stairs to go to the guest room in Scotts house, it wasn't because she was mad at them but because she was afraid that they were mad at her. Her reaction to Theo being dragged to hell was definitely noticed by them all which meant that they knew that she still had feelings for Theo but what they didn't know was that them feelings weren't just feelings, she loved him with all her heart. She didn't know if she could ever love someone, that was until she met him. Theo shown her how to love. He showed her what love felt like and it was the most magical thing that Avery has ever felt and she didn't want it to end but sadly there always is an after and sometimes it isn't a happy ever after but more like a sad after, where you're all alone again.

Avery was sat on a bed in the Mccall's house while Melissa fixed up her stitches. If Avery hadn't watched Theo get dragged down to hell she probably would have winced as the needle pierced into her skin but she didn't, she didn't make a sound or move a muscle. Her eyes were fixed on a wall trying to get the previous event out of her head but no matter how hard she tried it would always come back to her like it was haunting her. She didn't know what to feel because all she was left with was emptiness and she didn't know what to do.

"And you're all done." Melissa smiled while as she finished the stitching but when she moved her gaze onto the quiet girl her eyes softened as sympathy washed over her expression. She placed a hand over Avery's that was sitting on her lap before giving it a small squeeze. "I'm sorry about Theo." her tone was filled with comfort but it didn't do much to comfort the Argent. "Avery?" Melissa whispered trying to at least get the girl to blink or turn her head.

Avery slowly faced Melissa with an expression Melissa couldn't figure out. "Are you okay?" the question lingered in Avery's ears and soon she was asking herself the same question. Was she okay? Or was she fine? Avery had no idea but she still managed to whisper a small "I'm fine."

Melissa nodded even though she didn't believe her from how Avery's voice cracked in the middle of her sentence. "Just know that you can stay here as long as you want."

Melissa made her way to the guest bedroom door and as she shut the door a small tear trickled down Avery's cheek before she pulled her knees up to her chest hugging them tightly despite the pain from the gash in her stomach.

The question that kept repeating in Avery's mind was Why? Why does it hurt so bad? He was just a boy. A boy who hurt her numerous amounts of times. A boy who hurt her friends mentally and physically. A boy who kept betraying her and kept lying to her over and over again. But then she thought of the good side of him, the side she knew. He was the boy who saved her life so many times. The boy who protected her and would protect her with his life. The boy who comforted her when she was upset.