19. only for you

EPISODE NINETEEN, SEASON FIVE

"You disobeyed me Avery, you went after him after I told you not to

"You disobeyed me Avery, you went after him after I told you not to." Gerard hovered over Avery making Avery feel like she was a small defenceless ant about to get squished by a humans foot. "I-I'm sorry, but you told me to not back down from a fight and I thought that was the right thing to do." Avery's high pitched voice whispered as she kept her eyes glued to the dirt ground.

"You will never be good enough if you don't listen to me." Gerard tightened his grip on his machete that he uses to kill the supernatural that lurked around in the dark woods and Avery couldn't help but notice the action feeling scared of what he would do but instead of slicing her or slamming the end of it against her little head he placed it into his belt before grabbing her arm tightly making her yelp and squirm around in his grip "Grandpa your hurting me. Please stop."

"You wanna be strong? Then fight like you wanna be strong." He glared down at the girl as they both neared a group of small children that were training alongside there parents. Gerard pushed Avery over to a circle of kids that were cheering on a fight and Avery felt her heart begun to Pound in her chest at the sight of one of the children get punched straight in the face falling down to the ground. Avery shook her head turning back around to face her grandfather "I don't wanna do this."

"Too bad." Gerard grumbled grabbing her arm that already had a red hand print from how hard he was holding onto her and shoved her into the middle "Alright everyone, my granddaughter is going to have a go!"

All the children just stared blankly at Avery while some laughed. Avery wasn't the type of kid who actually wanted to train everyday and had fun doing it, she was made to do it by Gerard and when she did everyday after school Gerard would always push her to her limits.

"Can I just go home and play with Allison?" Avery asked gazing around at all the children that surrounded her but Gerard just shook his head kneeling down to her height placing a hand on her shoulder "You want to make me proud right?"

Avery nodded letting her small fingers play around nervously with the hem of her shirt feeling like the oxygen that once came to her freely slowly disappeared finding it hard to breathe.

"Well then make me proud by winning this." Gerard smiled slightly which you could easily tell was a fake smile but Avery didn't notice it at all and turned towards the other children while Gerard got up from the ground and walked away, standing by a tree watching from afar.

Avery didn't have time to notice how one of the kids fist collided with Avery's cheek and immediately she felt pain shoot through her letting out a small grunt falling onto the ground placing a hand delicately on her cheek, frowning slightly.

Avery lifted herself back up but felt her throat get tight as small tears formed. Avery's eye sight landed on a small boy with dark brown hair and once he noticed the tears that were begging to fall he scoffed "Are you seriously going to cry?"