43. Train like a human

EPISODE NINTEEN, SEASON SIX

"Alright, Avery, you are okay to go

"Alright, Avery, you are okay to go. But just remember to take it easy." Melissa informs the girl who sits on a hospital bed, holding an ice pack to the back of her head after being told she had a concussion. She didn't necessarily care. She wanted to go back home but her friends told her to go to the hospital to get her head checked and then Liam called Theo and that is how Theo got to the hospital. He stands not far from the bed, leaning back on a desk and looking at Avery with fully aware eyes to make sure she doesn't suddenly fall.

Avery sends Melissa a big grin which makes the nurse smile and shake her head at the clipboard in her hands. "But knowing you, you will do the complete opposite." She lifts her eyes back to the red-haired girl and watches her as Avery shrugs. "A small concussion isn't gonna stop me from training."

"You're not training." A stern voice tells her and Avery can't help but roll her eyes before planting them on a very serious Theo. "And who made you in charge of me?" She tilts her head in a teasing way but he only repeats himself. "You're not training, Avery."

"Oh come on! We are about to be in a huge war and I can't even use my eyes because if I do I will turn into a statue. I need to train, Theo." Avery explains and throws her arms in the air and when she becomes silent, she begs him with her eyes. Theo's lips curve up before he nods. "Okay, but not tonight."

Avery groans and flops herself back down on the bed causing Melissa to chuckle softly before saying good night to the couple and letting the two be by themselves. Theo walks over to Avery and grabs onto her hands before pulling her up to her feet. "Come on, princess. I gotta get you home."

"I am training tonight," Avery says confidently before walking out of the hospital room with Theo behind her who smiles as he says. "Nope."

And he was right because as soon as they got home, Avery fell asleep curled up in Theo's arms while Theo admired her beauty and made sure Arrow wasn't doing something she shouldn't be doing.

~

Avery dusted off her hands and looked at the masterpiece she had created but in other people's eyes, they would think that she trashed her house out of pure boredom. Couches were moved around in different spots around the house and had cardboard pieces duct tapped to the back so it created a wall. Chairs were scattered around with pillows attached to the legs. Blankets were hung up on the ceiling with tape and swayed with the wind that came out of the open window. Everything was not where it was supposed to be and it was a mess. A beautiful mess in Avery's eyes.

Avery walks back into the bedroom and stops once she sees Theo. He lies on his stomach with the blankets going all the way up to his chest. His hair is a tangled mess and it makes Avery smile before walking over to his side of the bed and whispering his name. "Theo." She places a finger to his cheek and drags it down his jaw which makes him move around slightly. "Theo, wake up." His eyes flutter open slowly and when his sight focuses on her, he grins and grabs onto her wrist. "Morning." He says in a groggy voice.