30. Family isn't always blood

FLASHBACK

The leaves on the trees rustled in the wind as Avery drove on the road that was isolated except for the car that Avery sat in, listening to the radio that got louder as she turned the dial

Avery was exhausted from the nightmares that haunted her when she slept and so to distract her from sleep she decided to go for a drive but every now and then her eyelids would slowly close and she would have to wake herself up. Whenever that would happen she would turn the volume up more as if it would wake her up but it didn't do much except give her a headache that pounded in her head making her get frustrated.

Eventually, Avery slammed her hand on the radio button causing it to immediately switch off.

It was pitch black outside and it was slightly foggy which made it hard to see where she was going but despite that, she kept driving. She didn't know where she wanted to go but she just wanted to get out of her house and distract herself from the urge to sleep and fall into the same pattern every night. Fall asleep, Watch Theo's sister rip his heart out and not be able to stop it, Wake up with sweat dripping down her forehead while her heart beat rapidly, and Stay awake for the rest of the night until the sun rose.

It was complete torture and she didn't know how much longer she could take with the nightly heartbreak.

Avery's eyelids were slightly dropping again and she found herself not trying to stop herself from completely shutting them until she saw a short glimpse of a tall figure standing in the middle of the road lit up by her headlights from her car that was heading straight towards them.

Avery's eyes shot open in fear of possibly hitting them and so she suddenly spun her wheel causing the car to skid as it fastly turned and ran off the road. Avery didn't have time to stop the vehicle from slamming straight into a nearby tree.

The sound of glass shattering and the car hitting the tree probably could be heard miles away and Avery felt parts of her windshield slice into her cheek from the force and if it wasn't for her seatbelt, she would have went straight through it as her body was used forward slightly.

Avery's head slammed against her door causing her to grunt feeling the rush of pain and dizziness through her head that had several cuts and scratches from the shattered glass and blood dripping from her forehead that had banged against the door.

Avery's head tiredly lent against the airbag in front of her as she listened to a crackling fire that started at the front of Avery's car and slowly neared to where she was trying her best to keep conscious but she knew that it was just a matter of time before she shut her eyes.

Her eyes were barely open but she could still make out the figure that was standing in the middle of the road and slowly walked over to her and once they were in front of Avery's side of the car the person opened the door and even though Avery's vision was extremely blurry, she now could tell that the person was a man.