32. Love and War

EPISODE TEN, SEASON SIX

Avery and Liam stayed in the elevator for a few minutes just in case if there were any Ghost Riders still lurking around the hospital but after a while of waiting and Liam listening carefully for any heartbeat or movement, Liam turned to Avery who...

Avery and Liam stayed in the elevator for a few minutes just in case if there were any Ghost Riders still lurking around the hospital but after a while of waiting and Liam listening carefully for any heartbeat or movement, Liam turned to Avery who was sitting in the corner of the elevator hugging her knees tight to her chest.

He bent down to her height and placed a comforting hand on her knee while his eyes stayed on hers that never moved from the blank wall of the elevator. "Avery?"

Avery turned her head to look at Liam who was worried for her. 'Mmm?" Avery hummed.

"We better go. There are no ghost riders." Liam calmly said causing the girl to nod and lift herself up from off the floor which surprised Liam because he thought she wouldn't want to leave. Not after what happened with Theo a few minutes ago. "Are you okay?"

Avery nodded. "Fine."

The both of them knew that was a lie but Liam also knew that it was probably best for him to just leave her be then to keep pushing. Liam grabbed onto the elevator doors and began to pry them open. The doors screeched as they slowly opened dragging across the ground and roof but the aggravating sound didn't stop Liam as he pushed them fully open and took a few steps out into the clearly empty hospital.

Avery grabbed her sword from off the ground and took hesitant steps out into the open not wanting to see what was out of the elevator but once she lifted her gaze from off of the dirty floor she took in the empty corridor seeing papers on the ground scattered everywhere, Flashing lights and metal tables flipped onto their sides but it seemed normal for being in the middle of a war with cowboys on horsebacks that rode in the storm and a supernatural creature that once worked as a high school teacher.

Nothing in the corridor gave any hints of Theo ever being there and that was what broke Avery as a sob left her quivering lips and tears filled her green eyes.

Liam was by her side within a second pulling her into a tight embrace to help comfort her. "Hey, it's gonna be okay. We will get everybody back. Including Theo." He told her his hand moving in circles on her back to calm her down.

Avery let her tears slip down her cheeks and fall onto the fabric of Liam's shirt. "Why do I still remember him if he got erased?"

Liam could only respond in honesty as he himself had no idea. "I don't know."

Avery's thoughts ran back to Theo's last words that were directed at her which made her pull back from Liam's hold with a saddened expression. Her voice was the most broken Liam had ever heard it and the next few words that came from her made him feel extremely bad for her knowing exactly what she was talking about.

"I didn't say it back..."

Liam dropped his eyes to the floor and nodded slowly before returning his gaze onto Avery who stood in front of him with the same broken expression. "I know but that's okay because when we get everybody back you can tell him how you feel."