40. The zoo visit

EPISODE SIXTEEN, SEASON SIX

Theo and the pack were in hiding and while they have been gone there have been changes throughout Beacon Hills

Theo and the pack were in hiding and while they have been gone there have been changes throughout Beacon Hills. That includes Gabe and Aaron going around slicing citizens' hands to find out whether they are supernatural or not. If you're human, they are nice enough to slap a bandage around your wound. But if you're supernatural, you go missing. Avery wasn't stupid and she didn't play dumb to realise what was going on. She had noticed the bloody bandages wrapped around a group of teenagers' palms when they walked by her one day. And now Avery had been spotted by Gabe while she was in the school, gathering fake supplies for her friends.

He didn't bother to sneak up on her. He jogged his way to her side where she walked on a pathway outside of the School building. "Shouldn't you be in class?" Avery questioned the boy who easily got on her nerves and was currently annoying her by just being around her. He chuckled and slid his hands into his pockets as he walked beside her. "It's fine. I'm acing all my classes anyway. I can miss one class. Besides I get to talk to the queen of death."

Avery's eyes fell to where his hands disappeared into his pockets and rolled her lips into a firm line, having an idea as to why he had his hands in his pockets. "Avery." She corrected him. "My name is Avery."

He nodded and dropped his eyes briefly to her hand before averting it to the ground. "Right." He paused, clearly thinking to himself as to what to say next but it was obvious the main reason why he stopped to talk with her was to test her and she could tell by the way he kept eyeing her hand and how his fingers tightened on something in his pocket.

Avery sighed and came to a stop. "Do you want me to do it?" He lifted a curious brow as he stopped and turned to face the determined girl. "What?" He chuckled nervously and tightened his grip on the object in his pocket. Avery reached out and grabbed his wrist before harshly yanking his hand out of his pocket to reveal a scalpal clenched tightly between his fingers. "You're testing people with this. Cutting them and seeing if it heals or not." Gabe squirms as she squeezes hard on his wrist, digging her nails into his skin while she uses her other hand to yank out the scalpel from his grip. "Not to spoil you but I'm human. And I think it's pretty obvious from all the cuts and bruises covering my body."

She lets his wrist go and he Immediately clasps his abused skin. "I know but everybody needs to get tested. Even you." He mumbles, rubbing delicately at the five moon-shaped tiny cuts littering his red wrist.

The girl hums before lifting the back of her hand to Gabe's view. His eyes blink between her hand to her blank eyes, curiously. Avery lifts the scalpel and feels the cold metal connect with her skin. She can tell by the way he was looking at her that he didn't believe she was going to do it and so she proved him wrong by putting pressure and dragging the small blade across her skin. Her blood trickled down her arm and dripped onto the concrete as she continued to cut it until she had a red line across the back of her hand.