24. Erased

EPISODE FOUR, SEASON SIX

Every time something supernatural happens to Beacon hills Avery thinks she has seen everything but somehow something else happens and she questions if she has even seen a glimpse of what's out there and one of those times is now as Avery stares up...

Every time something supernatural happens to Beacon hills Avery thinks she has seen everything but somehow something else happens and she questions if she has even seen a glimpse of what's out there and one of those times is now as Avery stares up at Scott's ceiling that has black lines stretching out like it's a tree root. Avery's lips formed a firm line as she placed her hands on her hips not even knowing what she was looking at.

"That's how he got in?" Corey asked just as confused as Avery. "What is it?" Liam questioned.

"It's a point of impact from a lightning strike. Usually you'd find charred spots like that on the ground after a violent thunderstorm." Mason explained glancing around to everyone's confused expressions.

"That's how the ghost rider got in. He rode the lightning" Scott said returning his gaze back onto the ceiling.

Avery had to blink a few times to make sure she wasn't just having a strange nightmare and that Tara would suddenly jump out and attack her or the others but after all it was Beacon hills she was living in and anything is possible there, even cowboys that a half-dead who ride horses in a storm and erase people from the universe. "Wait hold on, if they use lightning to get past the mountain ash then no place is safe for anyone." Avery said and for the first time she looked away from the ceiling to look at Scott.

"What about the others? It's my fault they're marked." Corey asked feeling guilty for the events that had happened last night. Avery shook her head disagreeing with his statement "it's not your fault, you didn't know what would happen and I'm sure that we will figure something out to protect them."

Scott sent Avery a nod of agreement as he added "all of them."

~

Turns out they did figure something out and now near the end of the day Avery was leading people into the tunnels with Liam, Corey, Mason and Hayden by her side. "Why are we underground?" A girl asked clearly terrified and so immediately Hayden cane to her side placing a hand on the girl's arm "This is the way to the bunker."

Nathan who was right by them stopped walking as he turned to Hayden shocked "You guys have a bunker? Who are you people?" he asked moving his eyes around to Liam and Avery. Avery rolled her eyes already getting annoyed with his presence.

Liam took a step forward as he answered "We're the people who know things about things that most people don't know about"

Nathan frowned even more confused "what?" Avery rolled her eyes once again moving forward as she grabbed onto Nathans's arm tugging him down the tunnels "Which also means we're awesome people now keep moving."