46. Allison?

Avery's eyes shut as her car stutters to a stop on the side of the road

Avery's eyes shut as her car stutters to a stop on the side of the road. "Just my luck." Once she opens them, she takes in her surroundings and notices that she is near the high school. She continues to sit in the car and stare out at the horizon, wondering what she should do until she realizes who she could call for help. She reaches for her phone and raises it to her ear, waiting for his voice.

"Hello, Mrs Raeken." Theo says through the speakers causing a smile to stretch onto Avery's lips. Every time he says that to her, it makes her heart pound with happiness. "Hi, Raeken. How are you?"

"Honestly I've had a really bad day so not so great but speaking to you is making it a whole lot better. You always manage to do that." Her husband answers and Avery wouldn't even need to see him to know that he is smiling. "What what you do without me?"

Avery can hear him dramatically sigh on the other end of the call as if he is thinking really hard about her question before saying. "I wouldn't have a clue. I guess, stare at a wall and try to figure out what to do with my life but then come up with nothing and go straight back to you." Avery can't help but chuckle.

"Why did you call, princess?" He asks making her slump in her chair while she lets out a defeated sigh. "Let's just say for business." She waits for his reply but is surprised once she hears him laugh on the other end. "Again?"

Theo owns his own tow truck business in Beacon Hills and has for a few years. He has helped Avery with her vehicle too many times to count and each time it makes him laugh because he has to come to her rescue.

Avery hops out of her car and glares at the car like it had just made a bad comment to her. "Yes again." She kicks at the metal harshly causing a loud noise to echo into the phone. "It's a piece of crap anyway."

"Avery honey, I need you to take a step away from the car while I come to your rescue... Again." Theo tells her and Avery immediately starts to panic from his words. "What? Why? Is it going to explode?" She takes a fast step back and blinks at the car.

She hears him laugh before he answers. "No, it's not going to explode. It's so you don't cause more damage to the poor car. It's been through enough." Avery's body relaxes as her hand finds her hip. "You're talking about it like it has feelings."

"What did you do to it anyway?" He asks sceptically.

"Uhh, I may have forgotten to put more gas in it." She answers and prepares for him to get mad or at least raise his voice but instead he just laughs and says her name. "Averyyyyy."

"I know. I know. But I have a lot on my mind." Says Avery who looks at the broken-down car and bites down on her lip.

"Send me your location and I'll come to you," Theo tells her before the call ends and so she does but once she looks up from her device, her heart drops to her stomach and her lips part in shock. Somebody stands on the other side of the road, staring directly at her. Somebody who has dark brown hair and brown eyes that feel as if they can read Avery's soul. Somebody who Avery is very aware of. Avery's voice is a shaky whisper. "Allison?"