26. Come back to me

EPISODE FIVE, SEASON SIX

Avery had let herself go to sleep that night which led her to have her usual nightmare resulting in her bolting up in bed out of breath but because Malia was there sleeping next to her, Malia woke up from her scream and rapid heartbeat

Avery had let herself go to sleep that night which led her to have her usual nightmare resulting in her bolting up in bed out of breath but because Malia was there sleeping next to her, Malia woke up from her scream and rapid heartbeat. Malia didn't waste any time as she enveloped Avery in a tight comforting hug, placing her hand on the back of Avery's head and keeping Avery close to her like she was protecting her from all bad things that could harm her.

Malia and Liam are the only ones that know of Avery's nightmares and whenever there nearby they make sure to comfort Avery and hold her tight. They both know that she has the nightmare every night but they don't know what it's about because Avery hasn't told them and honestly she never wanted to because she felt like it made her look weak.

The reason for Malia wanting to stay over wasn't because she wanted to see Arrow or to watch Greece for the hundredth time but because when she saw Avery in the state she was the night prior, she didn't want to leave Avery by herself because she knew Avery was hurting and needed some company.

Malia held Avery until the sun rose and now they were both walking onto the school grounds even though Avery desperately didn't want to go because of what happened in the library yesterday and Avery practically begged Malia that she could stay home but Malia dragged her out of the house and told her that everything would be fine.

Oh was she wrong.

"They are all gonna stare at me." Avery muttered to Malia as they walked along the pavement and to help with Avery worrying Malia grabbed onto Avery's hand, giving it a slight squeeze which earned a soft smile from Avery. "I'm sure everything will be fine. There were only a few people in the library at the time." Malia said in a comforting tone but Avery shook her head. "Yeah, but when something happens, everyone knows."

"What do they have super hearing or something?" Malia questioned but then she clicked her fingers as she got another idea "Oh I know, They can see through walls."

Avery couldn't help but smile at her best friend. "No they can't see through walls and they don't have super hearing. People just gossip and it goes around the school."

Malia frowned as she and Avery stopped in front of the main entrance. Malia turned to face Avery and simply shrugged "Well screw them." Suddenly Malia's eyes widened before adding "Not literally."

Avery laughed as she shook her head "don't worry, I know what you meant."

"Good because that wouldn't been awkward." Malia said with a big grin which only made Avery smile back before turning to the doors. "Bring on the day." Avery whispered to herself before letting go of Malia's hand and pushing open the blue double doors.

Avery took the first step into the halls and immediately everyone fell silent and stared at her with fear and disgust. "Oh they know." Malia whispered coming to Avery's side.