39. Clock is ticking

EPISODE FIFTEEN, SEASON SIX

"Avery and I had nothing to do with this," Theo exclaimed pointing a finger at Jiang and Tierney who were both looking pretty calm but feeling the opposite

"Avery and I had nothing to do with this," Theo exclaimed pointing a finger at Jiang and Tierney who were both looking pretty calm but feeling the opposite. Jiang sat on the ground while Tierney lay flat on her back on the bench. Avery was sat in the corner hugging her knees to her chest whilst she watched Theo try to get himself and her out of the cell. "Hello! Come on!"

Avery didn't know why he was even trying with her because she still remembers the looks on all the deputy's faces when she came to the station and took out all of her weapons. They thought she was done when she took out her fifth one but she was only getting started. She had a whole box filled with her weapons and it was obvious that everyone suspected that she murdered somebody. They weren't wrong either.

Theo spun around, eyeing the two werewolves suspiciously. "Who did you kill? Was it you?" He pointed at Tierney who didn't utter a glance his way. "You?" He moved his finger to Jiang but yet again he didn't get an answer so he continued. "Both of you? Who's the murderer?"

Silence was his only answer and it made his lips twist up into a smile even though he was getting frustrated. "All right, I get it. The longer you stay quiet, the better. Right? Theo glances over at his girlfriend who rests her head on the concrete wall with shut eyes. She wanted the wall to swallow her whole. All she could think about was how she had been arrested and it could possibly be because she killed people. People who weren't innocent.

Theo knew for a fact that there was no way in hell that the sheriff had found out about what Avery had done within a few minutes. No one knew about it except the small group in the cell and Schrader but he made sure to keep an eye on the two werewolves and Schrader couldn't have called anybody because he had been knocked out and because he is... Well, because he is dead. This leaves the only explanation that the werewolves in front of him aren't so innocent after all.

The Chimera dropped to his knees in front of them. He wasn't going to stop until Avery was out of this cell. Everything that he does is for her. "But you're here for murder. And they're keeping Avery and me here, too." He paused while Tierney placed a hand on Jiang's shoulder in a way to stop him from speaking the wrong thing. "But you're the murderers."

Jiang shook his head. "We're not murderers. Your girlfriend is the one who..." He stops himself once he meets Theo's eyes that are glaring at him, daring him to finish his sentence. But he decides not to which in Theo's opinion is the right decision.

"Jiang..." Tierney warns but it's no use as he continues. "If you'd been there you'd know we didn't have a choice." Tierney rises from her laid-out position, looking at Jiang from above him. Avery looks over to the conversation, hope filling her eyes as she listened carefully. Was he actually going to break?

"They came after us." Jiang finished which answered Avery's question. He was going to break and that proved that Avery and Theo were innocent. Well, innocent of this crime at least.