33. Place your hand in mine

Theo could hear the clock ticking very slowly as he and the rest of the pack joined him at the hospital waiting for the news about Avery

Theo could hear the clock ticking very slowly as he and the rest of the pack joined him at the hospital waiting for the news about Avery. She was currently getting stitches and getting blood pumped into her as she had lost a lot of blood but the problem was that multiple nurses and doctors ran into her room urgently about five minutes ago and ever since he had seen them run into Avery's room he hasn't stopped worrying and had to hold himself back from running in after them to see if Avery was okay.

But eventually, after what felt like hours, he pushed himself from his seat and went to go around to Avery's room but before he could even get two steps away a hand grabbed his arm causing him to turn to see Scott. "Where are you going?"

Theo glanced back over to Avery's room down the corridor before moving his attention back onto Scott who had Stiles right beside him glaring at Theo. "I want to see Avery."

Stiles shook his head and pointed at Theo. "No, you aren't going anywhere until you tell us what happened to her."

Theo shrugged as Scott dropped his hand from Theo's shoulder. "I already told you. She got stabbed by a girl called Rachel."

"We need it in detail," Stiles told the concerned boy who would every now and then turn around to look at Avery's room just in case somebody walked out so he could run up to them and ask about Avery but to his dismay, nobody walked out. "Why?"

"Just in case Rachel comes back to try something," Scott answered which made Theo shake his head as he thought back to the moment he watched Avery kill Rachel. Theo had no idea how She managed to protect herself after getting stabbed but she did it and he knew that she was strong for doing that. "She won't be coming back."

Both Scott and Stiles's expressions flashed confusion at his response so Scott asked. "What do you mean? What happened?

Avery would get into trouble if Scott knew that she killed her and Theo knew that by Scott's motto about how they don't kill people and so that brought him to say something that could end with him being sent back to hell but it was for Avery so he didn't care. "I killed her."

"Theo, we don't kill people," Scott told Theo which only made Theo scoff and shake his head disapprovingly. "Yeah, and I get that. But she stabbed Avery and I held Avery in my arms as she died. I listened to her heartbeat fade away and I watched her eyes close as she took her final breath so you can't blame me for what I did. Scott, she died in my arms and I couldn't do anything about it." Theo's eyes slightly glossed over in tears as he told the pack leader before saying. "Look I know we don't get along well but I also know that we all have one thing in common; We care about Avery and we would do anything for her. So I'm staying with her until I know that she is okay."

Scott nodded. "Okay. But I just want to ask one more thing."

"What is it?" Theo asked listening to what Scott wanted to ask.