25. All eyes on the monster

EPISODE FIVE, SEASON SIX

All night Avery had kept an eye on Argent as he slept peacefully and that caused her to not have any sleep but she didn't mind because as long as her dad was safe and wasn't in pain then she was okay but the thought of something bad happening to h...

All night Avery had kept an eye on Argent as he slept peacefully and that caused her to not have any sleep but she didn't mind because as long as her dad was safe and wasn't in pain then she was okay but the thought of something bad happening to her dad wasn't the only thing that kept her up. The knowledge of what would happen when she closed her eyes could keep her up for nights and days. Avery couldn't see Theo get murdered right in front of her anymore, she just couldn't take. Every night she would watch the life drain our of his eyes, watch his heart leave his body, watch his body collapse to the ground, watch blood ooze out of him, watch him die. It was all too much.

And now Avery tiredly held her head in her hands as she continued to keep herself awake. A voice calling out her name caused her to look up meeting Argent's eyes that looked at her intently. "Avery, did you sleep?"

Avery sighed running her hands over her face before muttering "No."

"You need sleep." Chris said not taking a single glance away from the tired girl while she tried to keep her eyes open. "Yeah well, I also need to look after you." Avery argued earning a sigh. "You don't need to look after me. I'm the parent, not you."

Avery shook her head. "So? Who cares? We only have each other now. Just us. We lost everybody else and I can't lose you too."

"You won't. I'm not going anywhere so you don't need to worry." Argent said before lifting himself up but also groaned at the pain that shot through him.

Avery shook her head "You don't get it. I need to worry. I need to worry all the time."

Argent's expression softened before he motioned her to go over to him "come here."

Avery followed as she got up from her seat in the far corner of the room and sat on the edge of the hospital bed and immediately Avery's hand was covered by Chris's while his eyes that were filled with sympathy watched her every movement carefully. "Avery, I know that you might think that you need to watch over me all the time because I'm getting older but no matter what I'm gonna be the one to watch over you. You will always be my little girl."

Avery's eyes drifted from his eyes down to the floor while she listened to what he had to say but when he was finished she just sighed in response. "Well your little girl is a monster." she spoke in a soft whisper with clear disappointment in her voice.

"You're not a monster. You need to stop being so hard on yourself." Argent said trying to cheer the girl up but it didn't do much and that was shown by what she said in response. "I'm not being hard on myself, that's me being easy on myself. So many people would agree with me and every day I get reminded about how I'm the monster and how I'm the Queen of death. It's never-ending."

The queen of death. The name she has been called numerous amounts of times all because of what happened to her a few months ago. She wouldn't admit it but she felt deep down that she deserved the disgusted looks people would send her during school, The name calling, The punches she would receive from strangers that would say that she killed one of their loved ones.