Epilogue

I parked my car in front of this vibrant house.

Hesitation kicks in whether am I really ready to meet them or just turned back and drive away because I still can't do it.

I heaved a heavy sigh before I decided to come out of my car. My hand is holding a bouquet of red roses, that she really loves. While my other hand is a carrying a basket of fruits.

I stepped into the porch of their house and before I could even knock, the front door suddenly opened. I looked down and saw a young boy munching a bar of chocolate.

Melted chocolate scattered around his lips as his eyes are giving me a curious and confuse stare.

He got the eyes of his mother and the facial features of his father.

He must be their eldest child.

"S-Sino po kayo?"

He asked while tilting his head a bit as he continued eating the chocolate in his small hand.

I knelt down in front of him and gave him a warm smile.

"Nasan mama at papa mo?"

I asked him while still smiling.

"Si mama at papa po?"

He curiously asked me while repeating the question that I asked him.

Before I could even answer him back, I suddenly heard a woman's voice making her way to the front door as she's calling for her son.

The voice that I haven't heard for 2 years.

The same voice that I will always long for.

How I miss that precious voice.

"Philip, kinuha mo na naman yung chocolate? You just finished eating a whole bar earlier.."

Her eyebrows furrowed when she looked at me. Why is she looking at me like that?

"Uh, good morning. I just want to visit my—"

"Kuya?"

I was cut off when Marcus suddenly spoke behind me, making me stared at Scarlet being looked back at my youngest brother.

I looked at him and he gave me a curious expression. Is he mad at me? Is he thinking that I'm here to visit Scarlet?

Well, yeah, I came here to visit her and their family..

Yes. Scarlet and Marcus already have a family.

The family that I should've been the one building and planning it with her.

But fate doesn't want us to end up together and separated us from each other.

"Marcus.. I.. I just want to visit you—"

My words have been cut off again when he suddenly hugged me tightly, surprising me from his sudden action.

A smile formed on my lips as I hugged him back. He's still my youngest brother and everything that happened was not fault.

"I missed you, kuya. And I'm sorry about what happened.."

He whispered the last few words that he said.

After everything that happened during that night, I didn't get the chance to talk with him.

I had no strength to talk with anyone. I was emotionally and mentally drained.

It felt like I don't want to live anymore.

What's the purpose of living my life if the only reason that I'm alive is already gone?