Chap.13 || Watched?

A certain avian had been working on his megabase, he's been working on it for hours and he had finally finished another building. He flew down the building and was about to put away the extra materials into his shulker box when he heard a voice. 

"Grian!" It was Mumbo, Grian turned to him and smiled. "Hey Mumbo! What's up?" "Have you seen Scar and Impulse?" He asked, "No?" He replied, he hasn't seen Scar nor Impulse since the meeting at Gem's a few days ago.

"Oh dear, anyways, Gem hosted another meeting. She said she has some information." Mumbo explained, "Alright, let's head over there now." Grian stretched out his wings and was about to take off when Mumbo interrupted, "Should we find Scar and Impulse first?" "Nah, they're probably gonna show up late." 

They both took off and headed over to Gem's base, it was pretty much normal going to Gem's base all the time these days that everyone now memorized their way there. Grian and Mumbo could see the silhouette of Gem's base meaning they arrived. 

They both landed safely in front of the palace and headed inside where Gem and fWhip were sitting, they noticed us and waved. "Hello Grian! Hey Mumbo!" Gem greeted, "Hey." fWhip simply said. Gem led them up many staircases and they ended up in her huge balcony/viewing area.

There were already some people there, Doc and Ren were sitting in a corner doing Redstone or whatever, False and Stress were having a nice chat, Pearl and Scott were staring at the view and talking, and the big eye crew was having a conversation about having no diamonds in their jar or something. 

Grian and Mumbo decided to go over to Scott and Pearl, "Hey guys! How are you guys doing?" The avian greeted, "It's going well so far." Pearl replied, the short hermit smiled. "That's great! Boatem's been really quiet without you." 

"I know, X's been trying to find out how Xornoth got here but nothing was found." Pearl sighed, "We did find out how to get rid of him though." Scott chimed in, "Gem will announce it later." The elf hybrid added. 

As more hermits start to pile into the balcony/viewing area, the more worried Mumbo and Grian got. They haven't seen Impulse nor Scar anywhere, "Scott? Have you seen Impulse or Scar?" Grian asked, Scott thought for a second before shaking his head. "Sorry, I haven't seen them." 

The hermit sighed and walked back to Mumbo. 

X clapped his hands and everyone's attention was on him, "Hello again Hermits! Gem and Scott here have hosted this meeting." X greeted, Scott stood up and walked beside Gem. "We have good news, Gem finally learned the spell to put an end to Xornoth!" He announced, everyone cheered. 

"We have also made a strategy on how Gem can easily cast the spell at Xornoth, if you would follow me." Scott walked up the stairs and everyone followed. The 2 led everyone to the entrance and went behind the stairs, Scott opened a trap door and the wall opened revealing another staircase down. 

They all went down to see many incredibly valuable things, "This is Gem's vault, not what we wanted to show you." Scott chuckled, he walked over to a diamond in an item frame hanging on the wall and turned it. 

A 3 by 3 Redstone door opened to reveal a huge dug-out cave. The redstoners were impressed by the Redstone door. They all walked in and gem told them all to sit down in a corner. 

fWhip, Scott, Pearl, and X stood in the middle of the cave, while Gem stays close by to the hermits. "We're gonna demonstrate how the fight will hopefully go." Gem explained, "fWhip will pretend to be Xornoth while X will pretend to be Joey, Pearl and Scott will be all of you." 

fWhip, X, Scott, and Pearl, all got into their fighting stance. X pulled out his sword, fWhip had his twin sword out, Scott had his Rivendell sword out, and Pearl had her axe out. 

"I'll be explaining what you guys will do while fWhip and I prepare the trap." Gem nodded towards the 4. Everyone's attention was fixed on the 4 who were now clashing swords with each other, impressed with their fighting skills. 

"You guys will be fighting with Xornoth and Joey, and possibly some other minions Xornoth has." Gem explained, monitoring the fight carefully. "Your job is to keep Xornoth and Joey as busy as possible." 

"Me and fWhip will make a circle out of Redstone dust." Gem made a quick medium-sized Redstone dust circle, "Then while Scott is fighting fWhip." She trailed off, watching as Scott ran into the circle with fWhip following him. Scott ran out of the circle, just as he did so, Gem made a barrier around the circle making fWhip trapped in. 

"I trap Xornoth in, and then cast the spell." Gem finished as the hermits watch in amazement. "Got that?" Gem looked at the hermits, Bdubs raised his hand. "Can you show us the spell?" Gem nodded, "Of course! X, get me something and put it in the circle." X took a stick and placed it in the circle. 

"Make sure to stay back while I cast the spell." Gem laughed. 

She aimed her staff at the stick, her mind was completely relaxed and focused. She threw an amethyst shard in front of the stick and blasted her magic at it. A white light blinded everyone's vision, everyone opened their eyes once the light faded and saw the stick gone. 

Gem smiled and picked up the amethyst shard she threw, "This is where the stick went." All the hermits stared at the amethyst shard. "Xornoth will be trapped in an amethyst shard, and only I know how to free him." Gem threw the amethyst shard to Pearl who caught it. 

"Any questions?" Gem scanned her eyes through the many hermits, the hermits shook their heads. "Great, we have some more things to discuss and we might have some PVP practice so everyone have your swords with you and make your way back to the balcony." 

Everyone nodded and started standing up and walking upstairs, Grian looked into his inventory and realized he had forgotten his sword. "Hey Gem?" Gem turned to him, "What's up Grian?" 

"I forgot my sword back at Boatem, is it okay if I go grab it?" 

"Are you sure? It's dangerous out there." 

"I'll be fine, I just need my sword." 

"Alright, we'll wait for you to come back. Be quick." 

Gem lowered the barrier down and Grian immediately flew back to Boatem. 

After around 5 minutes of flying, he made it back to Boatem. 

He landed in front of his base and started rummaging through his chest monster. 

He found his sword in one of the chests and closed it. 

He smiled and turned back, he walked along the path to his base. 

He felt odd. 

It was only him out here in Boatem. 

All the other hermits are at Gem's. 

It was only him. 

No one else. 

He felt like he was being watched.