Chap.32 || Recovery

Also just clarifying, I'm not a doctor whatsoever
I've done some research on this stuff but apologies if any of this is wrong.

Some Grumbo

TW:
-Mention of injury, fighting, passing out, 

It has been a day (Since the last chapter) and Grian still hasn't woken up. Stress has been keeping a very close eye on the avian and she said that he would wake up soon, and luckily, he will recover. 

Everyone was still hoping that Grian would wake up and would visit him occasionally, Mumbo visited him every day hoping he would wake up. 

It was another day and Mumbo was on his way to Gem's to visit Grian as usual. As he was flying, he heard a rumble and knew it was another one of those random earthquakes. He then started to fly up.

Mumbo groaned as he flew higher and higher till he finally stopped, he saw Gem's base in the distance and smiled. He flew down and landed on the dirt path of the familiar base before walking inside to be greeted by Xisuma and fWhip sitting on the couch. 

"Well hello, there Mumbo!" X greeted noticing the mustached man was here for another visit, "Hey there X." He greeted back, "Here for Grian?" X asked, Mumbo smiled. "Of course! I won't be here long." 

Mumbo walked up the familiar staircases and walked into a room, surprisingly, Scott was there too, sitting on a chair. "Scott? What are you doing here?" He asked, "A wound opened while I was training with Pearl so I went to Stress for help." Scott explained scratching the back of his head. 

Mumbo laughed as Stress walked into the room with some bandages, "Oh hello there Mumbo, here for another visit?" She asks quickly healing Scott's shoulder and bandaging it up, Mumbo smiled and nodded. 

"Alright, I'll go and get some water so I'll be back soon." Stress explains walking out to get a glass of water, Mumbo and Scott nods in response. Mumbo walked over to a chair next to Grian's bed and sat. 

Grian was laid on the bed, an IV tube was taped to his arm and plenty of bandages were littering his body. It broke Mumbo to see his best friend in such a state, but he knew that Stress would try her best to heal him. 

"He's been well if you're asking," Scott spoke, Mumbo looked up to meet his eyes. "Stress said that he would wake up soon." 

As Scott said those words, Grian groaned and curled up in his sleep. "Grian?" Mumbo muttered. Grian slowly opened his eyes and placed an arm above his eyes due to the brightness. 

Mumbo's POV 

"Grian?" I repeated, a bit louder this time. 

"Mumbo?" He muttered quietly as he sat up. "Grian!" I yelled hugging him, making sure to place my arms above his shoulder to not hurt his hip. Grian was too shocked and confused to do anything but it was fine, I was just incredibly happy that Grian finally woke up.

Scott had run out of the room to tell Stress the news, Stress came running into the room extremely relieved. I let go of Grian and let Stress hug him, "Thank god you woke up, you gave us quite a scare!" 

Stress let go of Grian who clearly has many questions to ask, "Wait, what happened?" "While we were trying to save you, you passed out probably from blood loss." Stress answered as fWhip and X walked into the room. 

"fWhip? X?" Grian called, Xisuma smiled. "Grian! Thank void you're awake." He went over to hug the fellow hermit, "I know you have plenty of questions to ask so me and fWhip will take our leave." He added dragging fWhip out of the room with him. "I'm glad you're awake and bye!" fWhip quickly yelled before getting dragged into the hallway. 

Third Person POV

Everyone looked at Grian, Stress quickly asked something before Grian did. "Do you remember anything?" Grian thought for a moment, "I do, but it's a bit blurry." Stress smiled, "That's alright, can you tell us what happened and how you were kidnapped?" 

"Well, it all started at Gem's base I think. Me and Mumbo were going back to Boatem and we decided to continue my base?" Grian explained, not quite sure if that was what happened, he looked at Mumbo who nodded. "I was building when I heard I think a scream and a thud, I went out of the building I was working on and saw Scar, Impulse, and Cleo.." He paused for a moment, "Wait how are they now!? Why did they attack me and Mumbo!?" 

Stress and Scott looked at each other before looking back at Grian, "Well, Xornoth put this sort of spell on them and turned them evil. Luckily, when Xornoth was captured, that broke the spell and now they're not evil anymore." Scott explained, "What did you mean by Xornoth was captured?" 

"Oh yea, we captured Xornoth so now we're safe from him and the corruption." Scott added, "Right, anyway, back to the story." Grian laughed,  "I saw Scar, Impulse, and Cleo standing behind Mumbo who was I think passed out. They attacked me and I remember someone keeping me in place and putting a cloth above my nose and mouth. Then I'm pretty sure I passed out." He finished. 

The other 3 in the room just stared at him in shock, they were about to speak up when Grian suddenly remembers something. "WAIT WHAT ABOUT ISKALL!?" He suddenly yelled whilst trying to get up from the bed before getting stopped by Stress. 

"He's fine, I promise! Please don't get up, you need rest and your arm is connected to an IV bag." Stress explained as she sat Grian back down, Grian gulped and nodded. "Scott, Mumbo, do you mind getting out?" Stress asks softly, Scott and Mumbo nodded before walking out of the room. 

A few moments after they walked out, Gem came running in. "Oh, Grian! You're finally awake." Gem sighed in relief as she hugged him, Grian happily hugged back. Gem let go and sat on the chair that Mumbo was previously sitting on. 

"Right anyways, you're gonna have to stay here for a while cause you're pretty badly injured." Stress started, "You got hurt mostly on your face but you also have a huge wound on your hip." Grian's eyes went wide, and a memory of what happened appeared in his mind. 

"Grian? You okay?" Gem muttered, Grian slowly nodded. "Yeah...it's just a memory." He paused for a moment, "It happened a few hours before you saved me." Gem and Stress listened closely, "Xornoth was torturing me again and..." He trailed off, Gem and Stress couldn't believe it. 

"Oh, Grian... I'm so so sorry that happened to you." Stress muttered going over to hug the fellow hermit. 

"It's alright now, Xornoth is gone and he won't hurt you anymore." Stress added placing a hand on Grian's shoulder. 

Grian smiled, "I know." 

I didn't know how to end this so here you are. 
Also thank you guys so so much for 4.5K!!
I love you guys a lot and I'll see ya next chapter!