Chap.15 || Grian's Missing

TW:
-Blood
-Mention of passing out
-Mention of kidnapping

Back at Gem's base, everyone has been training in Gem's underground training room. It was time to finish up and everyone was getting ready to head back to their bases. 

"Oh yeah, could someone check on Grian for me? Mumbo hasn't been responding to my messages." X asked, "I will." Doc and Ren said in unison. They looked at each other and laughed, "We needed to buy something at Boatem anyway." 

Everyone started heading back to their bases, Doc and Ren headed in the direction of Boatem. They flew over Scar's many wagons before finally arriving at Grian and Mumbo's base. "Grian! Mumbo?" Ren called, but there was no response.

"Hm, weird." Doc hummed, "I'm gonna get some things from the G-Train, you look around for them." Ren said running over to Grian's G-Train. Doc nodded and started looking around for them. 

He looked around Mumbo's base first, where he found nothing but building blocks. Then he flew back down to see Ren running back, "Found them yet?" Doc shook his head, "Nope." 

Ren had an idea, "We should go ask Impulse and Scar if they've seen them." "Great idea! You look in Scar's base and I'll look in Impulse's." Doc instructed, Ren nodded and flew to Scar's base. Doc turned to Impulse's huge factory and ran inside, the base was huge! He didn't know how Impulse did it but he did. 

He called out his name to see if he was home, "Impulse! Impulse? You home?" There was no response, Doc walked around his enormous base. He walked through his whole base yet he found nothing, guess Impulse wasn't home. 

He walked out and sighed, he saw Ren flying back to where they split up. "Did ya find him?" Doc asked once he got close enough, "Nope." Ren sighed, "I didn't find Impulse either." 

"Let's try searching Grian's base." Ren said walking into Grian's nearly finished Midnight alley. They walked through the alley and admired the work Grian put into it, they were about to search through the buildings when found some blood on the floor. 

A normal person wouldn't notice it but Doc's robotic eye could, he kneeld down and inspected the blood. Ren hadn't noticed yet but he stopped dead in his tracks, he sniffed the air and turned to Doc. "I smell blood." 

Doc pointed towards the small puddle of blood on the floor, Ren walked over to it and kneeled down. He bent down and sniffed the blood, "It's Grian's." Doc was about to speak up when the 2 heard a faint voice, 

"Hello!? Anyone?!" 

They both stood up and scanned the area, no one except them was here. Ren's earns started twitching and he was looking at certain directions, trying to find out where the voice was coming from. 

"It's coming from that building!" Ren shouted pointing towards a building with bed's on display, the 2 ran into the building and glanced around the room, their eyes landed on a certain black haired male who was tied to a fence. 

"MUMBO!?" 

"DOC! REN! THANK GOD YOU FOUND ME." Mumbo sighed, there were red marks on his neck and his nose was bleeding, Doc walked over to the fence and started untying the ropes. Ren kneeled in front of him and pulled out a tissue. "What are you doing here dude?! And where's Grian!?" Ren asked wiping some of the blood off his nose. 

"I don't know, I was helping him build and then these people appeared and knocked me out." Mumbo replied, "Did you see what they look like?" Doc asked, finally finished untying the ropes. Mumbo thought for a moment, "I didn't see them clearly but there was a female with orange hair." 

Doc and Ren shared a look before Ren pulled out his communicator and typed something in, "I'm calling an emergency meeting at Boatem, we have some other problems." 

Doc told Mumbo to sit on a bed while they wait for the others to arrive, Doc grabbed a cloth from a nearby table and gave it to Mumbo. Soon, some hermits arrived at Grian's base, Ren scanned his eyes through the many hermits in search of a healer. 

"STRESS!" Ren yelled catching the hermits attention, "WE NEED YOU HERE!" Stress immediately ran over to Ren and walked inside the building where she saw Mumbo holding a cloth to his nose, "Mumbo, What happened?!" Stress asked worriedly, she brought Mumbo to another room and sat him on a bed as she placed her hand on his nose, her hand started glowing green and the blood slowly stopped dripping from his nose. 

"I think it's better if they explain it." Mumbo pointed towards Ren and Doc who were talking to the hermits outside. 

"Alright guys, since you're all here might as well bring you in." Ren said stepping to the side, the hermits started piling into the room, wondering why they were called there. The hermits all sat in a random spot around the building, Ren counted every hermit making sure that everyone was there. 

Everyone was either sitting on a bed or on the floor, Gem and fWhip were sitting on a floating platform made out of crystals that Gem made. X was leaning by the door, making sure everyone was safe. 

"Where's Etho?" Ren asked realizing that the ninja wasn't with the other hermits. "Up here." Etho spoke, everyone looked up to see Etho sitting on one of the lamps in the room, Ren was confused on how he got up there but continued the meeting. 

Ren cleared his throat, "You may all be wondering why I called you all here, I think Mumbo can explain that." Mumbo walked out of the room still holding the piece of cloth up his nose, Stress walked out after him. Gasps were heard from the hermits, "Is Mumbo okay?" A hermit asked. 

"He's fine, his nose should stop bleeding in a while." Stress answered. 

"Right uh, I have two words." Mumbo spoke. 

Every hermit was listening to him carefully. 

Mumbo took in a breath. 

"Grian's Missing."