Chap.18 || Savanna Search

AYYYY EXAMS ARE OVER AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS! MORE UPDATESS!!!

TW:
-Kidnapping
-Mention of kidnapping
-Blood
-Mention of injury

"I think I know where Xornoth's location is." 

"WHAT?!"

Scott showed Etho the book, which made Etho more surprised. 

"So that's why there's been more corruption." Etho mumbled. "Mind if I go and look around?" Scott asked, Etho nodded. 

They walked out of the training room and flew off into Etho and Iskall's shared base. It didn't take long as Iskall and Etho's base is not that far, Scott could see the many corrupted red tentacles. 

They landed on a cliff before going their separate ways, Scott went flying around while Etho went to place the crystals. 

Scott flew around the shattered Savanna, there was a lot of corruption but no sign of Xornoth. That was when he remembered what the book said, 'My location is closest' Closest! That means it might not be in the Savanna but maybe it's somewhere around it! 

He flew around the outer areas of the Savanna, there were many patches of corruption but everything else was pretty normal. 

He decided to check out the other side of the Savanna. 

~*~*~*~*~*~

"They know where we are now, what do we do?" 

"Kidnap another person and keep them in the cage." 

"But why? we already have Grian." 

"Get another one, I need them to move faster so I can kill them." 

"Can't you just kill them now?" 

"You just won't shut up, will you? We're gonna kill them in front of them, give them a show."

"Alright, I have one person in mind." 

"Who?"

"Can't tell ya, I know for a fact that he will fall for this trap."

Iskall POV

I stretched as I walked out of my nether portal, god has it been a long day. Once I get back to mine and Etho's shared base I could just sit back and relax-

"Iskall!" 

I swear to god if it was Etho needing more diamonds to spend on his shopping I'm gonna-

I turned back and saw Scott, "Well hello Scott! What brings you here?" I ask, relieved that it wasn't Etho asking for more diamonds. 

"I'm here to look around, I heard that you guys have more corruption around your base than the others so I'll be making sure everything is safe." he explained, I nodded. He headed off into a cliffside and soon disappeared, I was about to continue on with my day when someone else called my name. 

"ISKALL!"

Oh no. 

I know that voice...

"What do you want Etho?" I groaned turning around to face him. 

"I need more diamonds." 

"Didn't I give you some just this morning?"

"Well yeah but-" 

I pulled out a stack of diamonds from my inventory and tossed it to him, as long as he doesn't complain anymore it's a win win. 

Etho's eyes shone as he caught the diamonds, "THANK YOUU!" He yelled running off to a shop somewhere, I sighed and headed to my house. 

I glanced around the area, everything seems to be coming together, other than the corruption that is. I walked past a cliffside with a view of the No Wings Club when I saw something red in the sand, I thought nothing of it but checked it out as it looks like a trail. 

I jumped down the cliff and landed in the water, I take out my trident and throw it in the direction of the red thing in the sand, I soon followed the trident and landed closer to the sand. 

I swam to the shore and started looking around, I saw something red in the sand. I took a closer look before realizing it was some corruption, I saw a trail of corruption heading in the direction of a plains biome. 

I knew I shouldn't follow it but I'm just curious! So I followed the trail of corruption to the plains biome, the further I go the more I realized that the corruption was just getting bigger. 

I kept on following the corruption, I was starting to get bored cause the corruption seemed to go on forever but that was when I realized that right next to a small tentacle was what looked like blood. 

I kneeled down and touched the blood with my index finger, it was definitely blood. But who's? 

My robotic eye scanned the blood, it took a while but it found who's blood it is. 

Grian's. 

I got back on my feet and continued to follow the trail of corruption, maybe it would help me find Grian. I ran as fast as I could and soon reached a cave before bending down to catch my breath. 

I realized that the cave was covered to the brim with red vines and tentacles, this was a lot of corruption, but why is it here? I went down carefully to investigate. 

As I nearly reached the end of the cave, I accidentally stepped on a vine which made me nearly fall. I dropped my trident in surprise which made a lot of noise, I picked it up and crouched down as to not make any more noise. 

"Hello!? Who's there?!" 

I heard a faint voice yell, that voice sounds familiar, too familiar. 

Wait, that voice... 

Grian?!

I rush to the end of the cave and reached a huge area covered in vines, corruption, and corrupted tentacles.

My eyes landed on a person at the very back of the room, "Grian?..." 

His wrist and ankles were tied down to the metal platform he was on with chains, he had bruises everywhere, his wings looked like they were tied together, and his lip was busted. 

I put my hands over my mouth to stop me from screaming, I drop my trident in shock and ran over to him to try and break him free. 

As I was running, I felt something grab my wrist, then my other, and now it was holding me back, I struggled to try and break free before realizing that the corrupted tentacles were the ones holding me back. 

I heard a low chorus of chuckles.

I looked up to see Impulse, Scar, Cleo, Sausage, Xornoth, and some other dude I haven't seen before. 

"Looks like someone tried to break little bird boy free." Xornoth mocked, everyone else laughed. 

"Sorry but you won't be breaking anyone free." I heard Impulse laugh. 

What?...

I couldn't believe it. 

My own friends betrayed me. 

"Maybe your friends will be the one breaking you free." Scar smirked.

Everyone in the room laughed except Grian, a white smoke started to fill the room. 

My friends stood in front of me smirking as I tried to break myself free. 

I was starting to get sleepy. 

I tried to stay awake but I couldn't. 

It must have been something in the smoke. 

"Goodnight~" I heard Cleo whisper loud enough for me to hear. 

Then it was all black.