4 | Introductions

Shehnaaz

So, basically, I wasted my entire day locking myself up inside the luxurious bedroom and going through the safety precautions and ornaments that were ordered. By the time evening came, I let out a huge yawn and checked my phone to see texts from my parents and 30 missed calls from Neha.

Fucking shit! Neha's going to skin me alive for not picking up her calls.
I send a quick reply to my parents and leave a voicemail for Neha saying that I was absorbed with work.

As I placed my phone on the nightstand, a soft knock resonated through the room. I shouted 'come in' and a maid in her mid forties entered the room.

She smiled at me warmly and said "Hello dear, my name is Silvia. I came here to tell you that sir Ahaan requested your presence in the private dining hall. The dinner will be served within afew minutes"

I smile back at her and look down "Sure I'll be there"

After she leaves the room, I flop down on the bed which is currently sprawled with blueprints, and look at the ceiling.

It almost feels as if the twinkling crystals can read my face and understand. I was nervous.

Beyond nervous...

I was nervous to face those deep black orbs again. What I felt for that stranger was not right. It was wrong and I clearly hated myself for the way my body reacted around him.

I mean for fuck's sake, I don't even know who he is!

Yet I felt my body clenching on the southern region with his presence. He undoubtedly was attractive and all those books I read ahout prince charming back in nursery came back to me. But the difference was he was no prince charming. His face held no emotions and he looked ruthless and was harsh with a domineering stance. And being the sucker I was for these types of men, I was instantly drawn to him. I knew for a maiter of fact that my attraction towards him was going to be my demise yet I couldn't stop thinking about him. From the looks of his appearance, he looked like a very important person.

God, I just hope he isn't one of the CEOs from shukla and kapoor Industries.

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I pull myself up from the bed and go to the suite bathroom to freshen up. After that, I make my way to the closet where I spent half of the noon unpacking. I choose a simple black bodycon dress.After putting the dress on, I brush my hair into a high ponytail, so that my neck is visible and apply mascara and blush pink lip gloss to make myself look presentable.

Deep down I know that despite all my drowsiness, I was trying to make a good impression on that stranger which seemed quite stupid given that I don't even know if he's going to be present at the dinner.

Checking my appearance, one last time in the mirror, I make my way towards the door and push it open.
I frown when I spot Gerard outside my door. He nods at me briskly and asks me to follow him. Truth be told, I didn't like Gerard at all and I can bet that the feeling is quite mutual.

The route towards the dinner hall was along one. I was surprised that I didn't get lost here with Gerard walking so quickly and me stopping here and there to admire the paintings. The castle looked quite ancient with arches and thick pillars but it was also modernized with dim mellow halogens in every corner. The place had a romantic feel to it. One where newlyweds would love to lounge.

It took us a long time to reach the dining hall where I spotted my employees and immediately went to talk with them.

As I went towards my crew, I felt someone tugging at my wrists and pulling me backward. Startled, I look behind to find neha with a grim expression on her face. Oh, dear! I sure was in deep trouble.