13 | The interruption

Shehnaaz

I woke up the next morning with a splitting headache and rolled around the Egyptian cotton. I breathed fresh air and suddenly become fully aware of my naked self and look on the other side to find the sheets rumpled.

I jolt into a sitting position on the bed and massage my temples with my hands to relieve some pain away.
It wasn’t like I was drunk last night but I had enough alcohol in my system to earn myself a pounding headache.

I  slump down on the padded headboard and look up at the ceiling.
Instantaneously it all comes back to me and hits me like a freight train.

Sidharth fucking Shukla was in my room last night!

It all comes back to me. Every single detail.

I turn to look on the other side of the bed and disappointment washed over me like a tidal wave when I finally registered his absence. I wasn’t really expecting him to be bringing me breakfast on my bed and all but then again I don’t even know what to expect at this point.

I clutch the sheets tighter around my body as I reminisce last night and quickly close my eyes in mortification.

How could you let him do this to you Shehnaaz!

I remember him coming to my room like a raging bull, calling me a whore indirectly, and allowing him to seduce me.

I almost face palmed myself when I recalled my stupidity. He deserved a fucking slap in the face and yet being the desperate bitch I was for his touch, I let him side track me with his sexpertise.

’Bitch you regretted not accepting his sinful offer, instead, you got it express delivered at your doorsteps! What the hell are you complaining about?’ My inner self sneered at me.

Fucking shit! What the hell is he turning me into?

I shake my head to push away his thoughts and continue with my morning ritual while ignoring the gnawing void in my chest. I also remember him comforting me after that nightmare and instantly my lips tug upward into a soft smile. However, that smile doesn’t last long as I recall that horrendous dream and sigh frustrated.

“That guy can’t even let me be in peace even after being dead” I mutter to myself.

Maybe after witnessing one of my stupid panic attacks, Sidharth might’ve left thinking that I was too deranged for him. Then again he didn’t seem like the type of man to judge people easily and leave at the slightest squeak.

I shake away all my thoughts once again and head inside the bathroom naked as I drop the bed sheet on the floor outside. I let out a huge yawn which soon turns into a gasp as I take in my appearance in the mirror.

I visibly cringed when I looked at my reflection. My eyes were red rimmed and my nose was a bright shade of pink like I was suffering some flu. My chestnut brown hair was tangled and knotted near the ends and my neck was the worst case scenario ever.

Dark purple bruises adorned the ivory shade of my neck and there were some identical marks on my hipbone and the apex of my thighs. There were also a few bite marks around my breasts but my neck was the worst sight by far.

My eyes widened in horror.

Yet,

For some inexplicable reason, I
find myself smiling over at this and immediately frown as I realize that
I’m supposed to be angry. If the circumstances were different, I would’ve been on cloud 9 thinking that he marked me out of sheer possessiveness but that wasn’t the case. We were nothing and this wasn’t even a fling.