6 | Irisfield

Shehnaaz

"So, what do you think of this one?" Savita says as she shows me pictures of a mint green theme.

"Oh hell no!" I shake my head with disdain. The theme indeed looked hideous. I would've said yes to any other occasions but this was a royal event. Everything had to look upscale and over the top. Ahaan specifically mentioned that 'Go all out, no expense should be spared' and I totally understood him. This was his first time handling a family project and from what I heard, his cousin was really hard to please.

Odd, he seemed to really enjoy you the other night my subconscious sniggered at me.

I shake my head and instantly blush feeling mortified. After last night, I called myself a whore while facing the mirror at least a billion times.

Yeah, like it would remove what you did last night.

This morning after putting on a
full sleeved blue shirt and black jeans, finished with floppy shades and scarf wrapped around my head, I exited my room. I still remember all the weird looks I got from the staff after seeing me like that.

I was so afraid to face anyone and most importantly him, that I even told Savita, one of my top employees, to visit me on one of the numerous back doors of the castle.

So here I am, sitting underneath a wooden pergola, near the palace, facing the lake side.

To call this location just beautiful would've been an absolute shame, this place was gorgeous!

The palace which I was supposed to design was not that big as the castle where I was staying. But it was lovely. The location was a remote one and was surrounded by ruins of wartime. There were broken marble pillars here and there, which reminded me of the time when I visited Rome with my parents

a few years back.

The Irisfield palace was named after the lovely Fleur de lis surrounded both sides of the palace.

And the crystal clear water of the river was a fresh sight.

The scene looked like something picked out of fantasy novels with angels and ail.

Focusing my attention back on Savita, I look at her and tell her "I was hoping to go for something more royally elegant yet bold" She nods understandingly.

"Then, how about royal blue?" She looks at me.

I shake my head "No it would look too bright and something our grandmas would like to visit instead of highest bidders" I already had enough with the color blue, given to my last experience in Jaipur at Mr.khurrana's house.

But blue was actually a bold color. It normally goes with almost everything and gives the atmosphere a vibrant feel.

I quickly rack my brains for more ideas that would go with the event and come up with two plans.

"What do you think about Maroon gold and Midnight blue gold theme?" I say.

Hearing my suggestions, she lights up and nods her head enthusiastically. She writes down my ideas and starts hunting for the matching drapes, wallpapers, and other items on her laptop.

After a while, I get up from the grey sofa and walk towards the brick-wood mansion away from the wooden pergola. The palace was made of beige sandstone and was enormous. There were a few dents here and there, reminding the natives and tourists of its age.

From what I learned from the locals guarding this place, this was owned by some British Baron from the Dark ages.

As I entered the palatial chateau, the first thing I noted was the dusty smell of old books and mossed wet mud. The inside was a bit dark because of the thick walls shielding it from the harsh glare of the sun outside. However, there was still a speck of light here and there thanks to the ruins. The place needed a bit of remodeling.