26 | The new visitor

Shehnaaz

I'm scared.

I'm scared because what if Sidharth leaves me as soon as he knows about all the gruesome things that I've done unintentionally.

If it were to be some other men, I wouldn't have cared much because they wouldn't have mattered.

But the problem was I raised a high bar for Sidharth. Deep down inside me, I've placed him on a high podium which I claim to believe only belongs to him.

I'm afraid that what if he turns out to be just like the rest of those fools who left me because I was too damaged to be ever repaired.

I'm afraid to be let down by him because no matter how much I wanted to ignore it, I knew that I was developing strong feelings for this man, and knowing the type of person that I am, it terrified me to feel this way towards him.

I release a huge sigh and look up at the false ceiling carved with slim golden flower design and after a while start massaging my temples with my thumb and index finger whilst Sidharth remains mute from all my confessions.

From his silence, I could easily tell that my confession floored him and I definitely screwed it.

However, when I turn to look at him, I get the biggest shock and my mouth falls wide open at his expression.

He was literally smirking at me amusedly with his hands behind his head, resting against the padded headboard like I was singing soap opera.

I frown with confusion and before I can say anything, he speaks up.

"Very well, I'll try my best to not distract you," He says with that same smirk plastered over his face and somehow I doubted his words.

My mind blanks when he gets up from the bed and the sheets fall all over the floor from the bed given its smoothness.

When he finally reaches in front of me, I encourage myself to look at him.
My eyelashes rise to remove my eyes from his muscles.

"I definitely get what you mean by getting distracted," He says cockily and my hands clench with mortification.

"Huh! Don't flatter yourself" I replied petulantly.

Suddenly, he turns me to face me away from him with his front pressed against my back towards the mirror that stood proudly in front of us, capturing our reflection.

I looked startled and he looked his usual devilish self even with tousled bed hair. In fact, I think he even looked hotter with his hair mussed up.

Our eyes lock with each other in the huge length mirror as he circles his arms around my torso.

"Let me show you exactly how wrong you are sweetheart" He whispers behind my ear sensually before tugging my earlobe softly with his lips

"You proved your point Sidharth I get it. You affect me. I think you also proved my point about you distracting me" I say lightly as I trace his sharp chiseled jawline with my index finger distractedly.

He sighs deeply and lifts my face to look at him.

"Fine, I'll try to not distract you from your work," He says with a sincere tone however mischief danced around his eyes as he answered me.

Oh lord, what has he got planned?

____

“I still don’t like the chairs over there,” I say whilst pointing at the silver-rimmed chairs piled near the exit that arrived instead of gold-rimmed ones.