57 | mixed feeling

Shehnaaz

This is a beautiful location to start with your white picket fence dream except there weren't any picket fences, instead, tall copper metal gates dominate the outside lawn of the mansion, catching people's eyes as they pass by.

The place was indeed splendid which slightly brightened my damp spirits even though after a few months, Nitibha and Sameer will probably start their 'happy family' crap.

Huh! They might as well as fuck on the railings of the upper deck!

As soon as the thought pops inside my head, I quickly dismiss it and move my hands away from the railing over which they were previously resting as I stare at the seaside.

"Keep it under control Pheebs!" I chastise myself but unfortunately, like the idiot that I am, I end up saying it out loud.

"Keep what under control?" I hear an amused voice speak behind me and roll my eyes in annoyance."Nothing actually. I can't keep my admiration for this place under control" I say with a fake smile plastered over my place and seeing Sameer's expression. I'm not entirely sure if he bought it.

"Really? You liked it that much?" He says with an eyebrow raised and for some inexplicable reason, my cheeks heat at his somewhat flirty mocking tone and I shift from foot to foot whilst eyeing the deck floor like it's the most interesting thing I've ever seen.

"Well, it's beautiful" I shrug and check my phone for any texts and instantly close my eyes in irritation when I see a few missed calls from Ahaan.

"Oh.." Sameer's voice gains my attention and turning towards him, I watch him holding two glasses of red wine in his hand. Following my gaze, he offers, "Cabernet?"

"Umm, no thank you. I don't drink during work hours" I politely decline and watch him frown uncomfortably at my rejection and feeling a tad bit guilty, I say "However...a glass of Perrier would be nice if you have it"

Hearing my words, his lips pull up into a gorgeous jaw-dropping smile and for a few seconds, I find myself seeing a small glimpse of the man who captured my heart years back.
But that lasts only for a few seconds because soon the thoughts of him saying Nitibha's name when he was almost about to take my virginity hits me like a ton of bricks and instantly my jaw hardens with anger.

It's just work-related, Shehnaaz. You are now with Sidharth.

Forget him!

NOW!

And that was the last thought I have before a maid scurries inside and hands me a glass of sparkling water and I take a small sip of the faint citrusy liquid.

"Where's Nitibha by the way?" I ask him curiously and watch his expression change from warm to arctic cold within seconds.
Oh no...

"She's out with an old high school friend," He tells the word 'friend' with utter disgust and I frown at his behavior.

"Oh ok. Anyways, I wanted to ask about the walls.." On cue, I move to the west side of the master bedroom and point at the rustic brick walls, "Like, do you want this place eco-friendly or do you want to keep that Mediterranean vibe and everything?" His nose scrunches after he takes a good look at the brick walls and quickly shakes his head, "No, not all. I want this place to be as modern as possible"

I nod, bending over the bedside table to transcribe his opinions on the blueprint laid out on the bed which causes my hair to fall over my face, and with my right hand, I move the loose curls away to one side of my neck which exposes the other side.

Instantly, I hear the sound of a sharp-intake of breath and look up to see Sameer with a hard look on his face which makes me frown with bewilderment. At that exact moment, my gaze falls on the huge mirror opposite me and I cringe right away when I spot the red mark on my neck.