56 | Doubtful Intentions

Shehnaaz

"I swear nothing beats burritos" Neha moans with delight and takes a cute little bite from her extra-large burrito with the mayo running down from her brown glossed lips.

I could feel the couple beside us gazing at her with what seemed like lust and I resist the urge to throw my head back laughing. I mean, both the girl AND the boy were gaping at her!

Neha really did look like a complete vision. With her now-wavy hair let loose, falling over her pale shoulders which glowed underneath the dimmed orange lights. She was sporting a baby blue halter-neck sleeveless top tucked inside a black pencil skirt with a slit on the side. Her full lips were glossed with brown lip-gloss and brown eyes were ringed with black wingtips. In conclusion, she looked absolutely gorgeous.

Like 90s beauty reborn...

Her fashion sense and the way she held herself, made me look nothing in comparison. Three months have passed since that horrendous incident and now life felt... fucking fantastic.
Neha was back to her normal self with even more enthusiasm than before.

The first month was a bit hard because she had to cope with the absence of Ahaan in her life. It wasn't like they met up every day but they did text each other almost every day. Ahaan broke Neha in the worst way possible. Maybe I just recently found out about Neha's liking over Ahaan but ever since they were friends, I always saw that Ahaan used Neha.

During the time span of the last three months, Ahaan tried to reach Neha but thankfully, she blocked him from everywhere. Starting from her social media accounts to her phone number. He even tried contacting me but of course, I always dodged his calls.

Shehnaaz Gill never forgives someone so easily.
Especially not someone who has hurt her best friend. I know that it seemed slightly irrational but telling your best friend to go and end her life when she's already struggling with so many things on her plate, it's absolutely unacceptable.

Neha was already fed up with Arjun's consistent ways of weaving his way inside her life but Neha knew better than to fall for his trap.

Then there's her overprotective toxic family, after hearing that she suffered an 'Anemic attack', her parents were adamant to fly here in Delhi but somehow she managed to calm them down over the phone but that didn't stop them from calling her every day to check up on her AND scolding her for being so irresponsible.

Then there's Sidharth, he made sure that the last three months were fucking bliss. The majority of my days were spent inside his penthouse as he picked me up from work.

"Girl, you've got it sooo baaaad" Neha drawls out playfully and takes a spoonful of salsa inside her mouth.

"Hah, tell me about it!" I snort and pick another potato wedge after dipping it inside sweet chili sauce before putting the entire
wedge inside my mouth.

"You tell me about it!" She smiles widely, showcasing her pearly white teeth with a ballerina-tipped sky blue painted nail pointed in my direction.

"The sex is...oh my God, Neha, it's soo good! But it's just that. He's just so intense sometimes. I might as well go far to say that he's bipolar. One minute he's laughing, the next minute he's moody.." Before I can end, Neha speaks up with a thoughtful expression.

"Hmm, I remember Ahaan telling me how he hates his cousin or acting as a responsible dimwit all the time. He always seemed to admire Sidharth whilst hating him. He's such a weirdo." When she realizes whom she's talking about, she instantly grows quiet and her light expression grows gloomy.

I couldn't blame her. It was indeed sad to let go of a friendship that lasted almost over a decade. Neha  always had a thing for Ahaan and maybe I didn't notice it before, but I'm definitely noticing it now.