51 | The Reason

Shehnaaz

Before I can land another slap on his pathetic face, a pair of arms wrap around my torso, preventing me from doing it.

"Shehnaaz, control!" I hear Rohan say behind my back as I struggle to free myself from his hold.
"Who the fuck called this asshole here?! He doesn't deserve to see her. It's his entire fault!" I shriek out, not caring who heard me.

"Wait, what?" Rohan says unsurely and as his arms loosen around me for a fractional second, I use that opportunity to free myself from his hold and charge towards Ahaan again, who's staring at me with utter shock.

Before I can grab hold of him, a familiar pair of arms wrap around me in a deathlike grip as I bawl my eyes out in frustration.

"Stop, Shehnaaz! This is not the place for this" Sidharth hushes me and I calm down a little after hearing his voice.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Ahaan points his finger in Sidharth's direction and I feel Sidharth's body go stiff. If things were different, I would've come up with an excuse to hide my relationship with him but at this point, screw Ahaan. He can fuck himself for all I care.

"He's here because he's my boyfriend!" The words are out of my mouth before I can stop them and I instantly cringe when I hear them.

Shit, that sounded so clingy...

At first, Ahaan looks at me with disbelief but soon his expression changes like he's amused.

Amused at me.

"God, Shehnaaz! Have you gone delusional?" He mocks me which eggs on my anger even further. Before I can come up with a retort, Sidharth beats me to it.

"No cousin, she's not delusional. She is indeed my girlfriend and like any good boyfriend, l'm here for her" Sidharth remarks in his glacial tone, and soon Ahaan's expression clouds with anger.

"Is this a fucking joke? What the hell, Shehnaaz? You knew how much I hated my girlfriends swooning over my cousin. Did he screw you or something?" He speaks with disgust and having had enough, I finally speak up.

"Yes, he screwed me. He screwed me so good. Also just a tiny reminder, I was NEVER your Ahaan. Never was and never will be. Get this tattooed in your brain if needed. I care for your cousin and it was never on my agenda to get involved with him. But it happened ok? It happened and I'm glad it did. I don't know what made you think that I'm yours but get over that idea.Yes, we dated once but that meant nothing, ok?" I huff out.

As soon as I utter the last sentence, Sidharth looks at me with shock and I realize that I never told him that I dated Ahaan back in High school once.

"How could you, Shehnaaz? I loved you-" Before he can finish the sentence, I cut him off.

"I don't care, Ahaan. Neha loved you too and look where she ended. You knew how sensitive she is and yet how could you say it to her? Fuck you, asshole. I hope you rot in hell and I swear to God, if something happens to Neha, Sidharth's cousin or not, I'm going to ruin you with everything I have!" I warn him and watch his face lose color with every passing second.

"Neha loved me? That's impossible" His voice is just a notch below whispering and I almost strain my ears to listen to him.

"Oh wow, just exactly how dumb are you Ahaan? How blind are you to not have noticed it?" Rohan butts in and for a moment I feel attacked by his question because I didn't notice it too.

"How could you say such vile things to her Ahan?
Didn't Ziah and Zara teach you anything about respecting a woman? You know full well that our PR team would've been able to fix your 'reputation' as you quoted, you knew it all! Despite all your faults, she still apologized, how could you verbally abuse her after all that apology?" Sidharth exclaims with anger and I frown at the unfamiliar terms, "zara and Ziah'.