36 | Euphoria

Sidharth

I was doing the buttons of my white dress shirt when I had the urge to check my iPhone for the 9th time. It was so pathetic. No woman has ever managed to throw me off guard like Shehnaaz Gill. Then again I don’t blame her. I mean it’s not every day you see a half-dead man in a cellar.

Nope not at all

Shehnaaz wasn’t supposed to see that and now I felt like punching Sahil right in the face for being such a clumsy idiot. If he wasn’t my best
friend, he would’ve been six feet under the ground by now. Like the responsible man I was, I always cleaned up after my best friend's mess. And unfortunately, two of those messes have been witnessed by Shehnaaz.

She wasn’t supposed to see this side of me. To say I was mad would be an understatement. I was mad at Sahil for leaving the blades he used for torturing that man in the celler. For someone who's a mafia boss, he can be pretty dumb sometimes. Sadly, Shehnaaz had to witness it all. And face the brunt of my anger too. That sight must have been too much for
my delicate rose. Although Shehnaaz was naturally a very strong woman that didn’t mean that she was supposed to witness that.

I chuckle when a certain thought comes into my head.

Sameer fucking Malhotra.

I really pity that dumbfuck. I wanted him to know what he lost when his witchy sister decided to torture my shehnaaz. Besides, it was indeed fun to see the expression on people’s faces when I would take away something precious from them. It just never gets old. Starting from that publishing house I bought a month ago from some dude named Larry who was already knee-deep in debt but the old hag wouldn't sell it because of his stupid nostalgia for the place. Then there’s Sameer.

God!

Seeing his pained face with shehnaaz’s arms wrapped around my body was the best sight ever. It wasn’t a coincidence when I walked inside the library last night. I knew about our dear Mr.Malhotra's obsession over Vatican scrolls which were stacked inside my library's archives. It was so simple to lure him there. I simply instructed Sahil to send this information inside Sameer’s head and voila! He fell into my trap easily. The next task was to have Shehnaaz there too which wasn’t hard because she had a habit of reading books at night every day right before her bedtime. The last part of the plan was to be there myself.

I wanted to claim shehnaaz and I wanted others to know that too. I knew very well that Shehnaaz was attracted to me like any other girl but her insatiable hunger for me was a huge turn on. Another one of the reasons why I fancied her so much.
She was like the rarest drug. Once you take a single hit, you'll never be able ta control yourself. I don’t know if I was infatuated with her but if it was that, then it was surely fatal.

The entire last week has been complete bliss but my biggest disappointment was the day when I found her in the cellar. She didn’t seem like the probing annoyingly curious type which is why I felt like a complete dick when I left her in that room.She was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time. Yeah, yeah, seems like she has a habit of being at the wrong place right at the wrong time.

Like from the time when Sahil set the trap at the labyrinth for drowning someone else but instead, shehnaaz ended up there.

A part of me was torn thinking about
dragging her inside my darkness but she did not seem like the type who backs away from a challenge. Shehnaaz was truly one of a kind.

A very rare gem indeed She was fiercely independent and generously humble. The fact that she donated half a million dollars to the charity did not go unnoticed by me. No matter what she wanted me and others to believe, she wasn’t a bad person. I know that there was something terribly disturbing about her past, something that always loomed like a shadow over her head, and tomorrow, I was bound to unravel that. The door of my closet bursts opens dramatically and instantly a smile graces over my lips knowing full well who the person is.